Civil War (Part 3)

-Tony's pov-

I hoped it would never get to this point.

So when it did, it didn't feel real.

But now, every time I hear the loud clash of his shield against my armor, I'm reminded that this is very real.

And deep down I know that even if we somehow win this today, we've lost everything.

"Hey Tony?" Rhodey asked through his earpiece while he was fighting his own battle. "Alice is here."

My heart sank to my stomach at his words.

I was already dreading having to tell her about this, but now it seems I won't have to. And now, I would prefer having to tell her rather than this.

"You have got to be kidding me." I replied flatly.

Forcing myself away from Cap's attacks, I flew straight up into the air till I was high enough to see over the battle.

I know Cap was confused by my sudden direction change, though I can only assume it didn't take him long to realize what I was looking for.

Or who.

To my disappointment, Rhodey was right.

Sprinting towards the fight at full speed, was Alice in her black and silver suit.

"Keep her safe!" I called back to Rhodey, flying straight towards her. 

However, I stopped just in time as her blue light appeared vibrantly around her hands and forearms, and T'Challa flew back several feet. At first I was confused why she would target him, then I realized she sent Bucky flying in the opposite direction. Then, it hit me:

She's not picking sides.

She's here to end this.

"Alice, what are you doing?!" I yelled as I landed in front of her.

I quickly examined her, realizing that everything about her seemed normal except for her eyes. The usual kind, hopeful light in her deep blue eyes has been replaced by fire and determination.

"I won't stand by and watch as my family tears themselves apart!" She screamed back.

"Alice please! It's not safe here!" I yelled over all the noise around us, trying to get her to understand.

"I'm sorry," she replied in a much softer tone, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"It's okay, just please go back." I begged, taking a few steps closer. She looked up at me, meeting my eyes once again.

"Not for that." She said with little emotion.

I was confused at what she could be apologizing for if it wasn't for scaring the crap out of me. So when the blue light returned as vibrant as ever, I took a step back.

Although the extra step back I took didn't save me.

I was lifted off the ground as a faint blue hue appeared around me. I immediately started moving around, trying to get out of her field. Although, I was unsuccessful and was tossed several yards to the side.

Luckily though, I was able to engage my thrusters and catch myself before I hit the ground. I rose up enough to assess the situation, and this time wasn't surprised to see Alice running towards the fight, her blue light appearing randomly around different people going against each other only to be flung in opposite directions.

"Uhh, Mr. Stark?" Peter's voice spoke through my earpiece. "Who's side is the assassin looking person on? They just threw me back into a wall." 

"She's not on either side, but don't hurt her!" I quickly replied, though I knew very well she could handle herself.