Civil War (Part 2)

I couldn't believe it when my dad told me that Steve is now a criminal.

He's always been so respectful and rule biting that it took me by surprise. And not to mention, he's been a really good friend of mine for years.

The hardest part to understand, was why Steve would turn a blind eye for his best friend after he nearly killed Natasha and I.

I thought Steve was my friend, but now I can't feel anything but betrayal.

Even though the conversation my dad and I had was several hours ago, his words stuck with me, bouncing around my head endlessly.

When we first got here, I wanted nothing more than to explore and have some fun. But now, I can't even bring myself to get out of bed.

How could this be happening?

Millions of thoughts raced through my head. At first it was painful, but now I just feel numb, and the situation no longer feels real.

Mixed with my dad's words, images of what happened in Vienna as well as my old school flashed through my mind till I could no longer distinguish the two.

As I laid there feeling numb, I wondered for a moment if I would ever get out of this bed again.

Then the lights went out.

At the sudden lack of light in my already dim room, I forced myself to sit up, feeling confused. I glanced around the plain room, then realized that not even the alarm clock was still on.

A power outage.

I continued to look around the room, wondering what was going on. Most building's like this have backup power, so it shouldn't even be possible for the power to go out completely.

But it did.

I wondered for a moment if I should just lay back down, and let everyone else deal with it. But when the yelling began, I jumped out of bed without hesitation.

I raced towards the door, feeling the cold concrete floor beneath my bare feet. I threw the door open just in time to catch a glimpse of my guard disappear around the corner.

I chased after him, knowing he wouldn't have left unless it was a real emergency.

He was fast, but I was faster and managed to get caught up. Although, I was careful to stay far enough back that he wouldn't notice me.

I became aware of my feet starting to hurt from sprinting barefoot, though I pushed all thoughts of pain away.

I've had enough of that.

I skidded to a stop in a dark open room. On the opposite side, was a glass wall with an open door that my guard slipped through.

I was confused at what he was chasing, then all of a sudden a man appeared out of nowhere. He violently threw a woman against the wall, knocking her out.

He's very muscular, and has a mop of brown hair covering his face for the most part. If it weren't for the metal arm and murderous look in his eyes, he would look normal.

I was taken aback as my guard tried to take him on, obviously not learning anything from the hallway littered with people on the ground. With his metal arm, the angry man threw my guard back so hard that he hit the wall, leaving a dent before he fell to the floor with the others.

My eyes widened at the sight, and my heart raced.

But despite the fear that filled me, I couldn't bring myself to walk away.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins in time with my racing heart. I started with a light jog, pushing myself into a full on sprint towards the door. When I made it through, I slid to a stop directly in the man's path.