0.6

"yep, just see if you can find a low key one with not that many people." so Claus did, after driving around for a bit, they found a quiet, kinda hidden cute little café, but as soon as they walked in Daniel regretted ever coming here.

Daniel immediately tried to turn around as he saw who was in there, but as soon as he turned around he realized he was trapped by Claus, due to them still standing in the door.

"your highness- what in the world are you doing?" Claus said a little too loud, which made the few people in their turn around and look at the guy who was going to rule their country one day.

"for god sake Claus, how many times do I have to say it? just call me Daniel." Daniel replied, as he sighed, knowing that his cover was blown, which also meant that some other people he didn't want to see knew he was here.

"Daniel?" a soft voice asked, and Daniel looked over at the table where his friends were sitting, or well Daniel honestly didn't know if he could call them his friends anymore. And as soon as he looked over there, he immediately shut down, not knowing what to do with himself, he caught himself staring into Corbyn's eyes, and felt the way that his heart sped up, even after all these months Corbyn was still the one to make him feel like that, honestly he was the only one to ever make him feel like that.

"Hello," Daniel replied as he felt the hurt in his throat, his voice was still partly hoarse from his whole screaming earlier, or well hissing whatever you wanna call it.

"what are you doing here?" Corbyn asked as he sent Daniel a glare, and Daniel wouldn't even be able to describe the hurt he felt run through him, as he once again felt the feeling of the world weighing down on his heart.

"had to buy a new phone, and now I'm hiding," Daniel replied simply, wanting to get out of here, Daniel wasn't sure if he could keep himself together if they stayed here much longer. Which Claus seemed to notice.

"Daniel, breathe. You're okay." Claus quietly whispered, and it was only just then Daniel noticed that he was holding his breath, he quickly got himself together and turned away for a split second, and well, this might sound bizarre. But Daniel turned away from them so he could turn his feelings off, and let his facade rise up again, turning back into his natural face that showed no emotions, which he had grown quite fond of using the last few months. The truth is that growing up as the crown prince has taught him a lot of things, which included faking everything, legitimately everything.

"How are you?" jonah asked quietly, concerned for the guy. No matter what Corbyn had said to him, Daniel would always be a friend to Jonah, Jonah was a bit more mature, and didn't see what the others saw, Daniel had done what he had to do, that's just how life is. and to be real, jonah couldn't help but notice, how pale Daniel had gotten, and as daniel took off the sunglasses, he noticed the bags under his eyes, and how bloodshot they were, no matter how much Daniel tried to hide it, it was clear that he was slowly falling apart from the inside, which worried Jonah.

and as the question hit Daniel, his face fell down for a second where you could see all the fear, anger and sadness flowing through, which didn't go unnoticed to Jonah. Daniel took a second to think through his response, it's not like he could just say: oh yeah, I'm doing horrible, I might have some big depression, anxiety thingy, and I think I'm losing my mind, and honestly those pills I've seen in my dad's room seem very appealing.

so instead of that Daniel just plastered on a fake smile, and replied with: "I'm doing alright, you know a bit busy with all the duties, and then I use the rest of the time hanging out with Bella, so things are going great." most people probably wouldn't notice the lie that daniel had just let out, but Corbyn did, it wasn't anything big that had revealed that Daniel was likely lying besides from the fact that Corbyn knew the way Daniel's voice changed a bit when he lied or said things he didn't mean, just as he was doing right now.

"that's eh great Daniel," Jack said as he sent a sincere smile to Daniel, glad to see Daniel alive again, even though it had been months.

"mhm" daniel mumbled, before quickly adding. "well, it was nice to see you guys, but you see here Claus is very hungry, so we're gonna get some food, and escape before the paparazzi find me again, I assume you guys would prefer not to be involved in some royalty drama." daniel said using the words Corbyn had used the last time they had talked against him. Daniel watched as the color drained from their faces, quickly getting washed over with guilt.

"Daniel, i-" Corbyn stopped talking as soon as he watched the stone-cold look on Daniel's face.

"you what?" daniel asked speaking in a bored tone, and to be honest Daniel didn't care that he was acting like a bitch.

"nevermind," Corbyn said with a sigh, it was clear that Daniel didn't want to hear it anyway.

"kay then, bye." Daniel let out before him and Claus walked away, ordering something random so it wouldn't be suspicious before leaving.

"he's not acting like himself," Zach said as the first thing after they had walked out.

"that's what I told you guys, he's cold and closed," Corbyn said thinking back to the interactions he had with Daniel since the whole thing happened.

"I would be too if I had grown up in that environment. The people there are snakes, they use you, to get closer to the money. That's what rich people do. And I will gladly bet all my toes that he's used to people using him, just so they can get closer to the king and his son. Of course, he knows how to hide what happens in his head, you have to do that, else there's no way you will survive there." Gabbie said defending Daniel.

"but he shouldn't be like that with us," Corbyn said holding his ground.

"we hurt him Corbyn. He trusted us, he was real with us. But you threw that away for all of us just because of him hiding his name from us. Like dude- of course, he didn't tell us he was the crown prince! He had orders not to, I bet they would've pulled him out as soon as he told anyone, the king has eyes and ears everywhere, whether you'll like you like to believe it or not. But you ruined our friendship with him for all of us that day, and I'm so sick and tired of hearing you complain about him being different. DUDE OF COURSE HE IS, you hurt him, and you hurt him real bad. He basically told he whole world that you're his one and only, but still, you act as if he killed your mom or something, wake up or something dude. Because else you'll lose both yourself, and the love of your life, and I don't want that to happen." Jonah finally snapped letting out everything he had thought about in the last 7 months, or well what they all had thought in the last 7 months, 'cause to be real, everyone except Corbyn had forgiven him a long time ago.

"I- I guess you're right," Corbyn mumbled.

"damn right I am, and now you better make up for everything you've done."

"But- how?"

"didn't you say he sent you those texts every night? now it's your turn Corbyn." Zach said, for once in his life letting out something smart.

------

AUTHORS NOTE !

so- hi. I kinda hate this chapter but whatever-

hope you're all having an amazing day. love you.