Chapter 52

Jennie had a long work day the day before their anniversary – she'd left before Jisoo woke up, and had called her around six to tell her that she'd finish up late and that she shouldn't expect her for dinner.

"I'm sorry, Jisoo," Jennie had sighed. "I'll be here really late, if I get all the stuff finished up today then I can have the day off the day after tomorrow, too."

Jisoo had smiled at that. "I'll be here when you come, all prepared with tea and hugs and a back rub. You work too hard sometimes."

"It's so that I can sleep in after tomorrow."

"Oh? You think we'll have a fun night?"

Jennie laughed. "Oh, please. Don't even suggest that we won't."

"Fine, fine. But you should probably get back to work. I think I'll order a pizza – you want me to save you a slice?"

"Yes, please."

"Alright. See you whenever you come."

"You'll probably be asleep."

"I'll wait."

"No, don't."

"I will, so shush. Love you."

"Love you."

Jisoo cleaned up in her studio before changing into some clothes that weren't covered in paint, after which she headed downstairs and out of the door to Lisa's apartment. When Lisa opened the door, Jisoo barged in without a word.

"We're ordering pizza and you're going to stop moping around for a little while," Jisoo declared as she sat onto the kitchen counter. Lisa walked over and Jisoo wasn't surprised to find that she was a little quieter than usual – it'd been four days since Chaeyoung had called, and Jisoo was more than aware of Lisa's pain. "You ok?"

Lisa smiled. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"But not the best."

"No."

"Well, we can watch whatever you want, and order whatever you want. Jennie's going to be at work really late so I decided I'd come here and cheer you up a little."

Lisa smirked and opened the fridge to pull out two beers. "Just a few drinks for you, though. You can't be hungover on your anniversary."

The pizza came a little bit later, and Jisoo wasn't surprised that Lisa had ordered far too much for just the two of them – nevertheless, they set themselves up in front of the TV on Lisa's age-old couch, which Jisoo found the most comfortable of couches despite it's questionable looks. It was green with the fabric worn soft and pale in places, and there were a few tears which Lisa had stitched up with whatever string she'd found. It was plushy and big and comfortable, and Jisoo wasn't at all surprised that Lisa spent most of her free time holed up in it's corner.

"We're watching Top Gear," Lisa decided, "Since you said we could watch whatever I wanted."

Jisoo groaned. "Ah, fuck."

"You did promise."

"Yes, I did. But it's boring."

"So suffer, bitch."

"Promise you won't pour water on me if I fall asleep."

"I won't."

It wasn't water, but beer that Lisa poured on Jisoo, just a little onto her hand when she did inevitably fall asleep in the middle of a 10-minute rant about some specs about a brand new motor. Jisoo in turn took revenge by throwing a pillow in Lisa's face, and Lisa laughed – and then she finally agreed to change the show after the rant was over, and so the rest of the night they spent watching Criminal Minds.