The Elemental Four: Chapter Twenty Seven

Ace’s POV

"Ace! Help!" Serenity called but I was stuck. I couldn't move from the circle.

"Serenity!" I screamed her name. Someone walked up behind her. "Look out!" I yelled but it was too late. A stake went through her heart "NO!"

"Why didn't you help me?" She whispered as she slowly turned to dust.

And standing behind her was Lilah. I gasped for air as I jolted up and threw open my eyes. I was sitting in the medical tent bed.

"Ace" Zeya said. I looked to my left and she was sitting there in the chair with a worried expression.

"Is it true?" I asked, choking back tears.

"I will go get the Healers. They told me to call them when you wake up." She said, standing from the chair and going to the door.

"Zeya, is it true?!" I asked again, holding back a sob. My eyes stinging from the tears that started to form as I already knew the answer.

"Ace-"

"Is it true!?" I screamed, getting up and jumping out of the bed.

"Yes" She said looking down.

"No"

"Ace" She tried to put her arm on my shoulder but I walked out of the tent and backed away. "Ace" She said again.

"No" I repeated. I could feel the tears about to fall from my eyes so I ran off.

"Ace, wait!" She called, but I just kept running. To where? I didn't know but I just wanted to be alone.

I ran into the woods and followed a small path made of rocks. And when I got to the end I saw it. Six tombstones sitting there, all in order. I could already see Travis's on the end. I slowly walked over. I didn't know what to say or do. But I couldn't hold anything back anymore. I crashed to my knees and started crying.

I couldn't believe most of the people I cared for were now gone. Travis...Serenity...they were gone and I would never see them again.

"Travis" I cried. I could barely speak I was crying so hard. But there was something I needed to say. So I stopped myself and I looked at his tombstone. "I miss you so much. You have no idea how lonely it is, just me in the tent... You know, I fell in love. You would have liked her. Her name was Serenity and, well, she was as sarcastic as both of us. She was a vampire though, but I knew you would give her a chance"

"Aw, how touchy." I heard a voice. I spun around and there he was. Marcus. Standing there with his arms crossed.

"You bastard!" I spat out, standing up.

"That's not very nice" Isabella said, shaking her head and standing next to Marcus.

"I'm going to kill you both" I warned. It was her fault. Everything that has happened to me was.

"Tsk tsk, always to violence with kids nowadays, don't you think, dear Marcus?" Isabella said, smirking at me. "That's not very nice. I wonder what their parents let them watch on T.V. for them to become so violent." I took a defensive step forward and Marcus put his hands up to stop me.

"Calm down you both. Were not here to argue or to fight. We're just here to talk" Marcus smiled.

"I don't want to hear anything that comes from your mouth or her's." I said, making a little ball of flames appear in my hand. "So I suggest for you two to leave before I decide to barbecue you."

"We're here about Serenity" Marcus said. The fireball disappeared in my hand as soon as he said her name.

"Well you missed her; she's dead thanks to you"