The Elemental Four: Chapter Seventeen

So sorry for the late update! Enjoy guys

~ Brooke and Paco

Elijah and I just sat there for another minute in silence. It was weird how comfortable I felt around him. He looked around before getting up.

"We should get back to the camp and check up on Caleb" He held out his hand to me and I took it, he pulled me to my feet.

"Yeah." I said, and started walking to the camp with him behind me. Maybe he won't find out about his girlfriend.

 Maybe I could just keep it to myself? 

"So tell me about you, Zeya." He said. I couldn't help but laugh at that as he caught up to me.

"There's really nothing to tell. What about you Elijah?"

 "Well, I used to go to Wintson High"

 "Oh really" I laughed. He laughed to and nodded.

"Yeah, there really isn't much to tell about myself either. Unless you want to fall asleep while walking." He added with a laugh. I laughed too as we approached the circle of rocks. As soon as I was about to cross it, he grabbed my arm and gently pulled me back. "One more thing. What I told you today, you can't tell the other guys" All the joking in his tone was gone now.

"Ok, don't worry. My lips are sealed." I said, making the gesture of the key in my mouth.

"I'm serious Zeya. If they found out about the wolf thing they'd kill me"

"You mean they don't know?"

"Only Travis does." He said.

"Well I know too. And I promise no one else will" He just nodded before walking across the circle. I followed behind him as we walked across the tent. 

Wonder who Travis is?

"He should be in this tent. I'll leave you so you two have some private time. I got to go check with Travis about something he wanted to show me early." He said. I just nodded and walked into the tent. There was one bed in there, which Caleb was currently on. There was a chair near the bed and sitting in it was John, the other wolf. He was stitching up the bite marks in his neck. Lilah, Ace, and Aiden were in there too.

"Hey, how is he?" I asked, getting closer.

"He's fine" John said getting up from the chair and moving past Aiden, Lilah and Ace. Behind them were two tables filled with all kinds of medical supplies. Pills, bandages, gauze, you name it and it was there. He grabbed a big bandage and walked back over to Caleb, placing it on his neck.

 "That's great." I said, "And thanks." He just smiled as Elijah and a someone else walked in.

"Guys, this is Travis" John slipped out of the tent and I looked at Travis. He was younger looking, he looked to be fifteen or sixteen. He had short blonde hair and these big kind blue eyes.

 "Hi." He said, shyly.

"These are The Elementals" His face practically lit up with excitement.

"No way!" he yelled.

"Yes way, buddy." Ace said, stepping up. "I'm Ace, the coolest and awesomest of them all."

"Which one's fire?" He asked looking between all of us. Ace just smiled and popped his collar before answering with a:

"Me"

"Dude your my favorite!"

"Oh, I have a fan." Ace said, poofing out his chest proudly. "I'll give you my autograph later." Travis just laughed.

"Can you show me your powers?"

"Yeah!" Ace yelled in excitement.

"There's some dead trees in the back, come on!" They walked a couple steps before Ace stopped and turned back around to face me.

"I mean burning trees is lame! Let's just go admire them" He smiled. They ran out of the tent and I could hear Ace laughing, saying "Let's burn them to the ground!"

"Want me to go beat some sense in him?" Lilah asked. I just laughed.

"I don't think killing him is such a good idea" Aiden stepped in.

"Well i'm going to go out there and make sure he dosen't burn down the whole woods"

"Yeah, I'll go with you." Aiden said, Lilah's cheeks blushed a little.

"You might wanna stay here. Just in case he does end up burning down some trees" I nodded as they both left the tent and I turned back towards Caleb. I slowly walked closer towards the bed and looked down at him.

It was scary, how dead he looked. I put my hand in his and sighed. We should have helped him.

 "Your still worried about him aren't you?" Elijah asked stepping closer towards me. I pulled my hand out of his.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well don't be" Elijah was now right next to me. "Were taking care of him. Just consider yourself on vacation"

"Ha, sorry but this isn't exactly what I call "vacations."

"Hey. I know exactly what your thinking, and this isn't your fault" Tears built up in my eyes.

"Really? Then why do I feel like it is?"

"It's because your overprotective"

"I know. But there the only family I have left, I can't help but be overprotective"

"I know." He patted my shoulder.

"I don't know what to do! We can't go two weeks without getting attacked. And it's always my fault. I need to watch out for them and I'm doing horrible at it!"

It's not your fault, girl." He said. "Come, I'll teach you how to fight." I looked at him weird.

"I know your trying to make me feel better but it's not working! It's time that I just let the vampires get me"

"Hey!" He yelled putting his arms on my shoulders. He bent over until our eyes were on eye level. "Don't talk like that"

"But.."

"No buts. Now come. I'm teaching you to fight." He said, walking to the door.

But I couldn't let myself leave the tent. I didn't want to leave.

So I just wiped away the tears and sat next to Caleb again, grabbing his hand.