The Elemental Four: Chapter Nine

We walked through the woods until we got to my house. There was caution tape all around the house and obvious signs that there had been a fire. I just stared at my house as Lilah and Ace moved past me.

"Let us check if the coast it's clear." Lilah said over her shoulder.

“Are you alright?" Caleb asked, standing next to me.

"What about my mom?" I asked looking at him. "What happens to her?"

"She'll be fine. I doubt Marcus can get hold of her." I gulped in fear. "We all had to leave everything behind. But the world needs us Zeya. As soon as we find those pieces before Marcus does you can go right back to your mom" I just nodded as Lilah popped her out of the house

"It's clear" I just nodded and walked inside along with Caleb.

"Ok, you guys check the kitchen for food and I'll go get us some blankets and other things. Lilah I think my clothes will fit you." I said. Lilah nodded as I ran upstairs and pulled out two old backpacks from under my bed. I ran down stairs and set them on the counter.

"Fill one with food and water and blankets. The other will clothes" Caleb instructed.

"You guys can have my dad's old clothes" They nodded and we all walked upstairs.

"His rooms over there" I said pointing down the hall.

"Ok." Caleb nodded and pushed Ace toward the room. Lilah and I walked into my room and I pulled all the t-shirts I owned out of the closet. I grabbed some jeans and then went into my draws and grabbed some shorts

"Hey Lilah can you go get the backpack?" She nodded and disappeared downstairs. I grabbed a picture of my mom and me and looked at it.

I hope she was going to be ok.

Lilah came up with the backpack. I threw the clothes in there before hiding the picture of my mom under some of the clothes. I went into the boys’ room. Ace was passed out of the bed while Caleb was picking out clothes.

“Need any help?" I asked, entering.

"Stop. Talking" Ace groaned. Caleb just laughed and threw something at him.

"Ignore him. Anytime he's near a bed he attacks it in an instant" I just smiled and gave them the backpack. Then I went downstairs and packed the other one with food that didn't need to be cooked and with some water bottles.

"Hey, do you think you have some of those air beds?" Ace asked, coming downstairs.

"Check in the closet under the stairs" Ace nodded and disappeared. He came back with two blow up mattress beds.

 "Score" He smiled as Lilah and Caleb walked downstairs. "Can we just stay the night here?" He whined.

"No. We can't. The cops might come soon to check out the house or the vampires might come in"

"I'm surprised they haven't yet." Lilah said, sitting on a chair. I sighed and zipped up the back pack.

"I think we should stay" Ace mumbled.

“Sometimes, you are such a baby, Ace." Lilah mocked. "And I think that you are the girl instead of me." She added and Ace stuck his tongue out at her.

"Do you guys fight all the time?" I asked a little annoyed. Caleb just laughed.

"Yeah" He answered. "You should see them when we had only one tent." He added. Lilah stared daggers at him.

"So we have to find three pieces of an object, correct?" I asked. Caleb nodded. "Well. Where’s the first piece?"

"We don't know." Ace said walking over to the chair by the window and sitting down.

"We just know we have to go west." Lilah added

"How are we going to find it if all we know is we have to go west?”

"We have this." Ace said, pulling a necklace from under his shirt. The necklace was a circle with a star in the middle. The circle was white, orange, green and blue, and then clear. I was guessing that the four colors represented each of the elemental powers.

"It's the Elemental Compass." Caleb said, fishing in the refrigerator.

"The what?"

"The Elemental Compass" Lilah said.

"This compass guide us to any Elemental or Elemental object." Caleb said.

"This is how we found you." Ace said, putting it back under his shirt.

"How does it work?"

"We Elementals create a kind of static that this compass feels." Lilah said.

"And when it feels it. It shocks the person wearing it and glows" Caleb said finishing her sentence and walking towards the window.

"So how do you have it?" I asked.

"My family had it for years." Caleb said, looking out the window.

"Then why is Ace wearing it?"

"Because we take turns on wearing." Caleb said.

"The compass needs power to function." Lilah said.

"So whoever wears it is usually weaker than everyone else" Ace added in with a smile.

"But he just fought like twenty vampires!" I said.

"I know. I'm awesome" Ace smiled, leaning back in the chair.

"It affects him the least. So he wears it the most"

"Yeah... That and I’m awesome" Ace said, making us laugh. A minute later Ace closed his eyes and was out.

"If you want we can stay here for the night" I said.

"We can't!" Caleb yelled.

"Why not? I'm mean, he's already asleep. The house is still here. So the vampires can't get in"

"But the cops will be here!" 

"We don't know that for sure"

"Don't you get it? If we stay and the police get here they will ask us questions!" He said angrily.

“Caleb. She's right. The cops might not come. And it might be nice to sleep in a bed for once" Lilah said coming to my defense.

"Ugh...fine! But if we get caught or the vampires come don't say I didn't warn you." Caleb said, sitting in a chair and looking out the window.

"Is he always this cranky?" I whispered to Lilah. She just nodded and I couldn't help but smile. "There's my mom’s bed you can sleep in. Ace is fine on the couch I guess. Lilah you can stay in my room" She smiled as we disappeared upstairs.