It's Raining, It's pouring #2

I let out an uncovered sneeze that makes my nose stuffy. I try to sniff, but it comes out really wet and doesn't help anyway. 

 "Are you alright?" Clara asks me with concern on her face. "That didn't sound so good." 

 " No, I'm fine. " I say in a congested voice. In all honesty, I don't feel so hot. My nose is so stuffed I can't breathe and I just sneezed into my mask. My throat hurts more than it did earlier. My nose seems to have a constant tickle and is on the verge of running. I let out another wet sniff and it irritated my nose and shivered. Man, it was cold in here. 

"You don't look to fine." Said Clara . I could tell that she was concerned. I was so tired of that look. Actually, I was just plain tired. "Why don't you to and check the medicine isle for some decongestants and cold medicine. I have a feeling you're going to need them." 

I blushed under my mask but said, "Okay." .

I went over to the medicine isle and picked up some Nyquil, Dayquil, and a family-size box of tissues. I go up to the counter and hand Clara a $20 bill, but she doesn't accept it. 

"I don't want that cold to get worse" she says. "It wouldn't be good to spread that around to all the people you save either, now would it? Please, take it. It can be a thank you for saving me." 

I nod my head and sniffle. I look down at the pile of stuff Clara gave to me and smile. I look up at Clara and she says, "Would you like to have a cup of tea with me in the back?". I try to say yes, but my voice cracks halfway through so I just nod again. She leads me into a backroom through a door painted a pale yellow. Inside the room there is a couch with a flower pattern on it and a light pink chair. Clara sits down on the couch, so I sit next to her. 

"So," Clara starts, "How's living with the avenger now? Do you miss Aunt May?" I look down at my knees and sadly nod. I look at Clara, one of the only people in this world who know I'm Peter Parker. I can trust her, right? 

I think back to the time she found out about the whole secret identify thing. I was in the alleyway next to her store and she was taking out the trash. She was me take off my mask and said she wouldn't tell anyone. She's kept this secret for this long, she can keep another secret, right? 

"I really miss Aunt May." I say . "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cool living with the Avengers and everything, but Aunt May didn't put this much pressure on me. I know they care, but it seems like I have to be perfect, inhuman at times, you know? " 

She nice her head as she says, "yeah. I get that." She starts to rub her hand up and down my arm. I lead into her touch. Her hands are cold and it feels good. I lean back on the couch and close my eyes. The next thing I know, a hand is taken off my arm and placed onto my forehead. I don't have enough energy to pull it away. 

"You feel warm" Clara says. "I didn't know you had a fever to." 

I shake my head, "No. I'm fine. I was just fighting, remember? That usually happens" I lie. Clara takes her hand off my forehead and stands up. 

"You should go home and get some rest." She says. I nod, to tired to argue or talk. Honestly, I think I've done enough talking for tonight. Now it's time to go home and go to bed. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go strait home. When I got outside of was pouring rain. And not fun rain either. It was cold, heavy rain accompanied by a dark sky that promised more rain. 

 "On boy" I whispered to myself, "this is going to be a long night."

Merry Christmas Eve!! I'll Get part 3 of Its Raining, It's Pouring up soon! Please share any comments, concerns, questions, and suggestions with me!! I would love your feedback! Thank you! :)