CHAPTER XVIII.

chapter xviii

chapter xviii.

Tom's suspicion of Evie's true identity was slowly starting to be all he could think of. He'd even gone as far as to reading through their conversation, seeing all the small, possibly unintentional, hints of who she was. He could tell she was being careful. Hell, she was more careful than him at times.

     He wondered if she questioned his identity, too. If she had a moment where she nearly asked, but decided against it. If that was the case and she decided against asking, he can only imagine it would've been for the same reason he didn't ask her about it.

"Tom, are you even listening?" He could hear the annoyance in Natalia's voice. He looked to his girlfriend with a half assed smile.

"Yes, Nat?" He replied.

She scoffed. "You weren't even listening so it doesn't matter."

The brown haired boy stood up from his chair and walked over to where Natalia was standing in kitchen of his flat. He wrapped her in a hug, sighing a little bit. "I'm sorry, darling. I was just thinking and got a little distracted,"

"What could you have possibly been thinking about that's more important than your own girlfriend?" The brunette asked, clearly upset.

"I was thinking about one of my friends," he simply replied. Which, technically, it wasn't a lie. Tom studies his girlfriends features as they morphed from annoyed to clearly pissed. She shook his arms off of her and stepped back, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"It was that fucking online girl, wasn't it?" Tom felt his stomach drop. How did she know about it? While he wasn't doing anything wrong with Evie, he wanted to keep that friendship to himself because he knew his girlfriend would go to large extents to split the friendship up.

"I went through your phone, stupid," she rolled her eyes. "You were being suspicious, and now I know why. Because of that damn Evie girl."

"Babe," he started. But then again, he didn't really know what to say. He wasn't cheating, he wasn't being trifling, he was talking to a friend. A friend who was genuinely just a friend.

"No," Natalia said. "Tom, I love you, I really do. And I want us to work because I love you,"

"I do too, I want us to work, too—" Tom interjected.

"But," Natalia said, cutting the boy off. "We can't work if you're talking to another girl and won't tell me about it. I saw it, and you weren't being flirty or anything, but you didn't tell me about it," She explained. Tom could feel it in his stomach where this was going, and god, he was really hoping his gut was wrong.