Chapter 29

Chapter 29

                                Alex’s Point of View

                My eyes scanned the airport terminal, searching for a specific brunette who had the most gorgeous hazel eyes I’ve ever seen. But, all I saw was families giving each other bone crushing hugs with suitcases rolling behind them.

                I bit on my lips, as I stared at the time written on my phone. I had just gotten off the airplane from France, and Aerial promised me last night that she was going to be waiting for me an hour earlier than the time my flight arrived.

                “Alex?” a soft voice suddenly asked from behind.

                I recognized the smooth voice immediately, as I turned around. My eyes locked in Aerial’s, who looked more beautiful than the last time I saw her years ago. Her eyes shined bright, and her cheeks were pink and dewy. She had even taken the thought to apply some cherry red lipstick onto those luscious lips of hers. I almost wanted to wrap her into my arms, and kiss her as hard as I could.

               She let out a soft laugh, as she approached me. She laugh sent shivers down my spine, as I stood frozen in my place, still not believing the fact that the girl I was still in love with was standing nearly inches away from me.

                “Are you okay?” she asked, taking her fingers, and poking my left cheek. “You look a bit pale. Have they been feeding you well in France?”

                Her voice almost sounded teasing, as I finally let out a small chuckle. Her hand was still on my cheek, as I cupped my hand over hers. Immediately, her cheeks turned red, as I pulled her finger away shyly.

                “They have, actually.” I smirked. “They serve the world’s finest snails.”

                She gave me a sly smile, before bursting into a misfit of laughter. “I bet you miss having Big Macs.” She paused, giving me an unsure look. “Do they even have McDonald’s in France?”

                I gave her a look of amusement, as I finally realized exactly how much I’ve missed her throughout these years. Aerial was one of the biggest nerds back in high school, yet she still manages to asks the simplest questions. “Of course, Aerial.” I laughed. “I went to France, not the dinosaur era.”

                She blushed, as she tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ears. “Oh.” She muttered. “I knew that.”

                I grinned, before looking around the airport. “Is Hayden and Damian here? Or is it just you?”

                She gave me a bland look, before the corner of her lips twitched up into a small smile. “Why? Am I not good enough for you?”

                My blue eyes focused into her hazel ones, as I gave her a small smile. “You’re perfect for me.” I whispered.

                Aerial’s eyes widened, as her cheeks turned crimson red. She cleared her throat, as she dwindled with her fingers nervously. “Right.” She let out a deep breath of air, shifting her gaze to the floor. “Hayden went with Damian to do the cake testing, and Aubrey and Clarice went to find bridesmaid’s dresses.”

                “Why didn’t you go with them?” I asked, giving her a smirk.

                She gave her a glare, before she gave me a light punch on my shoulder. “I had to come get your ass. Now come on, I want to see if we can make it in time to go do cake testing.”