Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                The hallways were deadly quiet this morning.

                I liked the peace and quiet. For once, there were no girls squealing about pointless things, or guys hollering down the school corridor. I was glad that my ear drums wouldn’t be bleeding today.

                I completely jinxed it.

                Right when Clarice Adams came through the school doors, the silence was completely gone. It was replaced with a misfit of chatter. Everyone wanted to get a glimpse of Clarice Adams, and her boyfriend, Daniel Reynolds.

                The only reason why the entire student population- excluding me, supported Clarice and Daniel so much was because they were pretty much the definition of Barbie and Ken.

                Clarice was the golden blonde, sun kissed tanned Barbie, who was the captain of the cheerleading squad. Then, you have Daniel, who was pretty much the human version of Ken. He was the shaggy blonde with crystal clear eyes, who was the school’s quarterback.

                I could tell Clarice was so in love with Daniel. The way her face goes red every time Daniel holds her hand, and the way she always has a dazed look in her eye gives it away immediately. I’ve known Clarice way too long to know that she had strong feelings for him.

                Even though Clarice pretty much took a knife, stabbed it in my back, took it out, and stabbed me in the chest as well, I still cared if she got hurt or not.

                And I knew pretty damn well that Daniel Reynolds was going to hurt Clarice sooner or later.

                “Hey, I found you!” Hayden’s cheery voice suddenly greeted me.

                I stared up at Hayden’s pair of hazel eyes, before giving him a small smile. “Hi, Hayden.”

                A few girls brushed by Hayden and I, looking at us with curious expressions. “What the hell is Hayden doing with that loser?” a girl hissed, glaring at me.

                “We have biology first period today.” He smiled proudly. “See? I remembered.”

                I chuckled, shaking my head. “We have biology seventh period today. We usually have biology first periods on Thursdays.”

                Hayden’s face suddenly fell, as he turned pink. “O-Oh. I knew that.”

                “But, I’m pretty sure we have study hall together right now.” I smiled, pointing at my schedule.

                Hayden’s face lit up again, as he tossed his arm around my shoulder, leading me towards the east wing of the second floor.