Chapter 1: The Cycle

Every single day I ask myself the same question. Am I really satisfied with what I am doing? That's when my subconscious involuntarily adds a big, round NO. However, my logic kicks in and I get caught up again in my cycle.

The cycle consists of:

1.Waking up at 6.

2.Go to school.

3.Come back to my house to get ready for my piano lessons and go home afterwards.

4.Do anything from school, etc.

5.Sleep.

6.Back to #1.

This morning when I woke up to be honest I didn't feel like doing anything, things just seemed to float around my head but my body denied me access to stand up and be productive.

Right in the middle of the process of my mind going through all the things I was procrastinating about and how I couldn't get myself to do anything serious while lying on my bed, my older brother knocked on the door and I jumped a little by surprise.

"Isabelle, would you like to go to Baskin-Robbins? A good dose of sugar could come in handy. There's something we need to talk about." He says, I could notice a hint of nervousness covering his features.

"Yeah, give me a sec while I get ready." I rushed to the drawers and picked a comfy sweater and jeans to put on fast while Dylan got the car ready.

As I got into the car he hangs up fast, probably it was his girlfriend Sophie so I didn't care if he didn't want me to hear his conversation, and turned himself in the driver seat to face me while I adjusted my seatbelt.

"Are you ready?" He asks while planting a quick kiss on my head.

"Yeah, though I'm a little curious" I admit while looking at my hands in my lap.

"Don't worry about it, you'll see" He smiles his unique grin and stares onto the road.

Dylan has been a great brother and my role model since I can remember. He graduated from high school two years ago and received a scholarship from Fairfield University. Dylan always manages to come home and spend time with the family while having pretty exceptional grades. I truly admire my brother, how he always has everything in order and feels pleased with everything in his life, or it seems like it.

- - -

When we got to the store, we decided on getting a sundae just like when we were kids. He picked chocolate chip and I picked pistachio and rocky road to complete the combination. We used to fight over on who would pick the flavors and I smiled at the thought while watching Dylan pay at the register.

We sat and began eating and talking at the same time about how we haven't been here in ages and about how much he loves Baskin-Robbins. Throughout the conversation he began to get a little tensed up and I could see he was trying to tell me what he was going to say. So instead, I asked him.

"What exactly did you wanted to talk to me about? I felt uneasy trying to guess what he was going to say. Was Sophia, his girlfriend, pregnant? Was he going to tell me Dad lost his job? I was confused about how bad this was going to be.

"Mom got a job offer" He says. I felt relief but Dylan still looked weird.

"Spit it out" I say, trying to remain calm.

"In London, and she's going to say yes so that means you're moving" His eyes looked glossy and I noticed he looked in pain.

"What do you mean by 'you're'? Aren't you coming?" Now my eyes were about to spill the tears.

I can't have him out of my life, he's my brother, my best friend...My only true friend. I know he can't come because he's still studying and has Sophia here and now I wish he could just dump her and transfer to London but that is impossible.

"Mom wanted me to tell you about all of this and give you a proper good-bye since I'm leaving tomorrow for the week and you'll be going in about 48 hours. She didn't want you to have to think about it much and she knew you didn't have much friends in your school so it would be easier, the only thing keeping you back would be me." He says and a tear runs down his cheek and he quickly tries to catch it but I get to it first and stand up and pull him into a hug.

Dylan isn't a sentimental guy at all. His tears bring me tears. While I hug him, a sob escapes from his body and I squeeze his back trying to comfort him. And by this time, everybody at the ice cream shop is looking at us in awe.

"I'm going to write to you, don't you forget that" He says with a grin, trying to lighten the mood, and we say our I love you's.

- - -

When we get back home I watch a movie with him and by the end I catch him drifted completely and defeated to sleep.

Mom and Dad come through the door and I walk to them quickly and talk to them about the London move and how it was all too fast but mom managed all the paperwork from school and etc. Dad seems pretty upbeat and he transfered his same job position to one in London so everything worked out nicely for everyone, I guess.

As I walk into my room to begin packing, my mind gets stuck at one simple cycle-breaking fact.

Everything is about to change...

- - -

A/N: First Chapter!!!

Hey wattpad community, so I decided to give writing a try. I know my grammar isn't the best but I'm still experimenting with words. Hope you enjoy my story!