Chapter 18

Kendall looked out her side of the window at the sun that was setting in the distance before turning to look at Brayden whose eyes were trained on the road.

"What's on your mind?" he asks over the soft audio of the country station that was playing on the radio.

"Are we telling anyone?" she asked quietly. "About us trying to have another baby, I mean."

Brayden took his eyes off the road briefly to look into Kendall's bright blue eyes.

"You sound scared," he said, his voice laced with concern.

She shook her head. "I'm not scared, just nervous."

Brayden reached out and grasped her hand in his. His thumb gently stroked the top of her hand soothingly as he pulled the car into the driveway of his parents' home.

"You are such a worrywart," he teased, cupping her face in his warm, strong hands. "But you're my worrywart." He said before placing a chaste kiss on her soft lips.

"Brayden," she whined. "You're not helping at all."

He just kissed her lips again. "If you want to wait to tell everyone, we can. If you want to tell everyone tonight, we can do that too. Okay?"

She sighed not knowing what she wanted to do, so she simply nodded her head. "Okay,"

Brayden plucked the keys from the ignition and hopped out of the driver's seat to get Kendall's door for her. Holding his hand out for her to take, Brayden helped Kendall out of his truck before intertwining their fingers and walking toward the front door.

"I love you," He mumbled into her hair, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"I love you too," she gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before he opened and walked through the front door of his parents' house with her right by his side.

"Liam, look who's here!"   

Brayden knelt down as the sound of little feet padding against hardwood flooring quickly approached.

"Daddy!" Liam squealed happily as Brayden swept him off the ground and into his arms in one swift motion.

"Hey buddy," Brayden adjusted Liam in his arms before kissing the top of his head. "How was staying with grandma and grandpa?"

"Good," Liam responded, a grin on his baby face.

"Yeah?" Kendall giggled, pressing her lips to her son's cheek. "What did you do?"

"Cupcakes!"

Brayden's eyes lit up. "Cupcakes? Oh boy!"

Kendall laughed in disbelief at how similar Liam and Brayden were. It wasn't enough for them to simply look alike, but they also had the same personality.

"Some things never change." Rita laughed as she gave Kendall a welcome home hug. "How was your week?"

"It was good," she smiled. "How was everything here?"

"Great! The girls loved having Liam around, which was good because it's hard to keep up with him."

Kendall laughed. "I believe that."

Kendall looked over at Liam who was still in Brayden's arms. Rita followed her gaze and knew something was on the young mother's mind.

"Is something wrong, Kendall?"

She shook her head and looked back at Rita. "No," she paused. "But –" she paused again. "There's something Brayden and I want to talk to you about."

Brayden looked at Kendall who was standing with his mom in the front foyer.

"Oh?" Rita looked back at her son who stood cradling her grandson in his arms in the kitchen. "Should we sit down?"

"Yes, probably." Kendall said feeling her legs shake underneath her as she followed Rita to the kitchen table.

Brayden took a seat next to Kendall and gently squeezed her knee before leaning over to whisper in her ear. "We don't have to tell them right now."

She looked back at him and smiled. The summer was starting to wind down and pretty soon they would be headed back to Philadelphia or Brayden to train and she didn't want to leave either of their families out in the dark.

"I think now's a good a time as any," she whispered back, taking Liam into her arms as he outstretched his arms for her to take him from Brayden.

"What's going on?" Jeff asked, taking a seat across from his son.

Brayden felt Kendall's hand gently squeeze his and he smiled. "We've been talking about possibly –" he looked over at Kendall who met his gaze.

"We talked about it this past week and we want to try to have another baby."

After the words left her mouth, they both stared at Rita and Jeff trying to gauge their reactions.

"Oh sweetie," Rita's face brightened up with a smile as she stood up to hug the two young parents. "You two are already incredible parents to Liam. I have no doubt you will be even greater parents to a new addition to your family."

Jeff and Brayden briefly embraced, sharing their own little moment as Rita came over to give Kendall a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You are an exceptional young woman. I'm glad my son found you." Rita whispered into Kendall's ear as she returned the warm hug that Rita embraced her in.

"Have you told your parents yet?" Rita asked her eyes sparkling with delight.

"No, I was going to call them tonight."

Brayden walked over to Kendall and kissed the top of her head, wrapping his arm around her waist. "I love you," he whispered in her ear, feeling nothing but content with where he was in this moment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

So I know I promised to post this last weekend, but I had a huge pathophysiology exam on five chapters and 155 pages of information! I survived and I actually did pretty well, so I can't complain.

On a quick note, I want to apologize to you guys. Updating is somewhat of a hassle right now because four of the keys on my laptop aren't working, so writing long chapters are somewhat of a job having to go back to correct all my misspelled words, haha. I'm hoping I won't have to put up with it much longer... *fingers crossed*!

**I will TRY to update one more time before I leave for Thanksgiving because I'm probably not going to have a lot of time to update over Thanksgiving break.

Thanks for reading and voting! Keep those lovely comments coming! They truly make my day J