Chapter 12

Kendall smiled as she placed Liam in his as his mobile slowly twirled overhead. Grabbing the baby monitor, she slowly walks out of the room. It was late and her parents were already asleep so the house was dead quiet.

The rain pelted against the windows as she plopped down on the couch in the living room and turned the TV on. She had been home for several hours now and still no call from Brayden. It was just a matter of time before she received a raving mad call from him. Kendall knew what she did was wrong and selfish, but it felt right. There was nothing left in Philadelphia for her and she missed her real home.

Just as she got situated on the couch while a rerun of Friends came on, her phone buzzed on the coffee table. Shit.

From: Brayden

I'm not mad, but I really need to see you.

Kendall's eyebrows quirked up at the sight of the text.

To: Brayden

I think you know that's not possible while you're still in Philly.

A second passed before her phone vibrated again.

From: Brayden

I'm not in Philly anymore. My plane just landed in Saskatoon. Can I come see you tonight?

Kendall glanced on the clock on her phone and saw it was close to twelve in the morning. She knew her parents wouldn't appreciate a late night visitor, especially if that late night visitor was Brayden. She sighed as she anxiously ran a hand through her straightened blonde hair.

To: Brayden

I don't think tonight is a good time for that. I'm staying at my parents' house while I look for a new apartment.

From: Brayden

I just need to see you. Please.

Kendall looked out the windows of the living room and all she could hear was the rain pounding on the roof and against the windows. She closed her eyes as she debated what she should do. As much as she hated to admit it, she wanted to see Brayden too.

To: Brayden

Okay.

She bit her lip as she texted him her parents' address. Now all she could do was hope and pray that her parents didn't decide to wake up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Her arms were wrapped tightly around her tiny frame as she began to shake from her nerves getting the best of her. The last text she sent to Brayden was sent a few hours ago and it was almost one o'clock in the morning now. At this point she was a nervous wreck and she didn't even know how she'd be able to hold a conversation with him at this point.

Cradling her head in her hands, she sucked in a few deep breaths before her phone vibrated in the front pocket of her jeans. Jumping to her feet, Kendall retrieved her phone and answered his call.

"Brayden, where are you? It's one in the morning!" she said in a hushed and hurried tone.

"I'm outside."

There was a pause on the other line as Kendall walked out of the living room and to the front door. Flicking on the porch light, she slowly opened the door and saw a soaking wet Brayden standing in front of her. Rain drops streamed down his face as he stood of her totally unfazed by the fact it was down pouring outside.

Kendall ended the call and slid the phone back into her pocket. "Brayden, are you okay?" she tentatively asked. Brayden ran a hand through his freshly cut hair before clearing his throat.

"Kendall, I'm so sorry for the things I put you through with Kelsey. I had no idea what happened between you and Kelsey and I'm sorry for –"

"Brayden," she interrupted. "Did you catch a last minute flight from Philly just to apologize?" Kendall stepped outside and closed the door behind her so her parents wouldn't wake up.

He chuckled lightly before looking up into her sparkling blue eyes. "No," he sighed. "I came here to –" Brayden paused.

"Brayden?"

Brayden took a step closer to her so that he was within arm's length of her. Kendall's breath hitched in her throat when his hands cupped her face. She closed her eyes feeling his hot breath hit her lips.

"I came for this."

Brayden didn't waste another moment of precious time before pressing his lips to Kendall's. She let out a surprised whimper before feeling herself react to the kiss. His lips were soft and molded to hers perfectly.

When Brayden broke the kiss suddenly, Kendall looked up at him not knowing what to say. "I –"

"Kendall, I want Liam in my life, but I want you too. I can't explain it, but whenever I'm around you, I can't help but feel like I have everything I need. I honestly couldn't imagine my life without you or Liam in it and I think it took Kelsey driving us apart for me to realize it." his thumbs gently stroked her cheeks as his lips hovered mere inches away from hers.

"Brayden, I don't want you to feel trapped to pick me because of Liam. I don't want you to look back on this and feel like you've made a mistake by breaking up with Kelsey. I want you –"

Brayden silenced a babbling Kendall with another kiss, only this time, he put everything he's been holding back from her into it. Wrapping one of his arms around her waist, he pulled her body into his and he couldn't help but smile as he felt her hand wrap around his neck. He broke the kiss again, pressing his forehead to hers.

"I want you for you and not just because of Liam. I think you came back into my life for a reason. And I thank God every day that I ran into you that day at the rink and we picked up the wrong phones. I honestly can't remember what my life was like before Liam or you in it. And I can't imagine my life without you or Liam in it."

Tears welled up in Kendall's eyes as the rain continued to shower over them. They were both soaked at this point, but neither one of them cared.

"Say something." Brayden quietly urged after pouring his heart out to Kendall.

Kendall shuddered feeling Brayden's hands on the bare strip of skin that was showing from her shirt riding up slightly. "Brayden," she moved her hands from his neck to his chest. Kendall looked up into his eyes for a second before sheepishly looking down at her hands that were firmly planted to his chest. "I –" Brayden placed a finger under her chin and lifted her face so he could look into her mesmerizing blue eyes. "I think I –" she sighed feeling like a total coward for not being able to just come out and say how she felt like Brayden had. As her eyes bore into his, she saw the anxious look in his eyes and saw he had no idea what she was going to say. "I think I love you." Kendall said in a tiny voice as she held her breath waiting for his reaction.

Brayden leaned in making the tips of their noses brush at the slight movement. He finally let out a sigh of relief. "I think I love you too." he smiled before channeling all the passion he could and putting it into the long lingering kiss that he planted on Kendall's perfect lips.