Chapter 14

Brayden and Kendall walked into his parents' house later that night around eleven o'clock. It was relatively quiet throughout the house except for the low volume of the TV.

"Oh, you're back!" Rita smiled. "They haven't moved since you left." she quietly whispered motioning to the living room where Jeff and Liam were currently sleeping on the couch.

"Oh no way," Brayden's face broke out in a smile when he spotted the freshly cut hockey stick that Liam currently had a tight grip on.

"Start 'em young." Kendall shook her head knowing very well that Brayden was going to buy the pads and a pair of skates to go with it. "And by young I mean four years old."

"Uh-huh, sure thing babe." he said before kissing her cheek and giving her butt a firm squeeze making her jump.

Kendall watched as Brayden went over to wake up his dad while hopefully not waking Liam up in the process.

"Thank you for watching him," Kendall said to Rita who simply smiled.

"Thank you for letting us!" she chuckled. "It was nice having a baby around the house. Liam is a spitting-image of Brayden it's scary."

Kendall nodded and smiled when she saw Brayden take Liam in his arms and proceed to walk over to her and Rita. "Hey, you ready to go?" he whispered to Kendall.

"I hope you'll come back soon. Maybe you and your parents would like to come over for a barbeque before training kicks up again for Brayden."

"I'd love that." Kendall smiled before giving a Rita and Jeff a hug. "I hope he wasn't too much trouble." she said as they walked to the front door.

"Not at all," Rita smiled. "You're going to have to come back soon!"

"We certainly will." Kendall smiled at Brayden who looped an arm around her waist.

"I'll call you guys tomorrow." Brayden said as he kissed his mother on the cheek.

"Drive safely." Rita chastised.

"I will, mom."

Kendall and Brayden said their final goodbyes before slowly making their way back to Brayden's truck. As Brayden buckled Liam into his car seat Kendall couldn't keep the smile from her face.

"You know his second birthday is coming up." Kendall said quietly as Brayden closed the door. "It'll be the perfect opportunity to get both our families together."

"I'm thinking a nice barbeque outback," Brayden encircled Kendall's waist with his strong arms. "Maybe we can leave Liam with Luke and Jes for the weekend."

Kendall's blue eyes stared deeply into Brayden's as she looped her arms around his neck. "Keep talking."

He chuckled and brushed a lock of her sandy blonde hair behind her ear. "Maybe take a weekend trip up to the lake house." Brayden dipped his head low and placed a soft kiss behind her ear. Kendall closed her eyes, savoring the sensation of his lips on her skin.

"Keep going."

Brayden's lips traveled lower, peppering soft kisses on her soft skin as he went. "Get you into the master bedroom," his teeth grazed the sensitive spot on the side of her neck. Brayden's lips curled into a smile when he heard Kendall let out a soft moan. "And never let you leave." His hands traveled down her sides before resting low on her back. Kendall bit her lip before tilting her head up to look up into his eyes.

"When do they get home?" Kendall breathily asked.

"A week,"

Kendall let out a huff. "Tease,"

Brayden's head fell back as he let out a hearty laugh. "Got to leave you wanting more."

"Well it worked." Kendall sighed.

"Good," Brayden lifted her face to his with his index finger. He placed a soft lingering kiss to her lips before opening the door to the passenger side of the truck for her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"I seriously don't know how he hasn't let go of that stick yet." Kendall said with an amused tone as Brayden lifted a sleeping Liam out of his car seat.

"I think it's a sign."

"Of course you do." Kendall shook her head in amusement.

"You know I'm going to get him on the ice eventually, right?"

"Eventually, but not yet." Kendall couldn't help but giggle at the puppy dog pout Brayden was giving her. "He's still a baby, Brayden!"

"I'll find a way to convince you." he declared confidently, pinching her sides with his fingers.

Kendall caught the brief smirk that graced Brayden's lips. "I saw that!"

"Saw what?"

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Try all you want, babe. I'm sticking with my original decision."

"For now," Brayden quickly looped his free arm around her waist, pulling her body into his. "Before the end of this summer, our boy is going to on skates." Leaning down he placed a heated kiss on Kendall's lips which left her slightly dazed.

Brayden handed Liam over to Kendall who needed to take a few moments to regain her composure. "Call me," she said, her face heated from blushing so hard.

He chuckled lightly. "Will do, babe."

Kendall stood on the front steps of her parents' home as she watched Brayden walk back to his truck. She watched him drive off until she couldn't see the tail lights of his truck anymore. When she walked into the house, she found her dad napping on the couch and her mother busy tossing together a salad in the kitchen.

"How was it?"

Kendall smiled and nodded. "It couldn't have gone any better."