TWO

LETHAL
CHAPTER TWO

( 117 )

— ☾ —

Alex, Stiles, Lydia, and Scott ran into the animal clinic, Derek over Scott's shoulder as he was unconscious.

If anyone knew how to get Derek back to his normal age, it was Deaton.

Deaton helped Scott place Derek down on the table. He frowned at Derek. "Wow."

"Wow?" Alex raised her eyebrows. "Wow, as in 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do', kind of wow? Cause that's the kinda wow we were hoping for."

"I think you may be overestimating my abilities." Deaton glanced at Alex.

"He's cold." Lydia spoke as she touched Derek's hand, glancing at Deaton. "Really cold."

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked Deaton with raised eyebrows.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton frowned as he shone the flashlight in Derek's eyes. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles asked with a frown.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much." Deaton responded, glancing between the group. "It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

Deaton glanced at Stiles. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"But why would she want to do this to him?" Alex frowned as she crossed her arms.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton spoke.

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles added.

"You guys should probably go home." Deaton spoke, glancing between the four, Alex blinking to stay awake, Stiles craning his neck as he tried to stay awake too, Scott widening his eyes briefly to fight the urge to sleep. "He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night. And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

"Someone should stay with you." Scott frowned.

"I'll stay." Lydia offered. "My grades are fine. Despite missing a few classes."