FIVE

LETHAL
CHAPTER FIVE

( I.E.D. )

— ☾ —

— ☾ —

"So the Walcott's were the first." Stiles started, Alex crossing her arms. "At least the first we know about. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by the assassin called 'The Mute'. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine."

"Next was Demarco." Stiles continued. "He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. He got decapitated outside his car. And then, last night, twenty three year old Carrie Hudson."

"It's a dead pool." Alex spoke, glancing at Noah, Noah glancing at her too. "A hit list of supernatural creatures."

Scott pulled out the first third of the list, Alex, Scott, Derek, Kira, and Lydia's names on it, amongst others. "This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found this list?" Noah frowned.

"Lydia." Alex answered.

"How?" Noah asked with raised eyebrows.

"She wrote it." Stiles replied. "Actually, she transcribed it. Without realising."

"Banshee?" Noah asked with narrowed eyes.

"Banshee." Stiles answered with a nod.

"Beautiful..." Noah muttered sarcastically. "Alright, what are these numbers next to the names?"

The number twenty was next to Lydia's name, twenty three next to Alex's, twenty five next to Scott's, fifteen next to Derek's, and six next to Kira's.

"We're getting to that." Stiles spoke with raised eyebrows. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

"Wait, you mean like a...like a key word?" Noah frowned.

"It's actually a name." Alex responded.

"Allison." Scott sighed.

After a moment, Stiles spoke. "Her name broke a third of the list."

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys." Scott added.

"Which will give us the rest of the names." Noah finished. "Okay. So how do we get the cipher keys?"