SEVEN

LETHAL
CHAPTER SEVEN

( WEAPONISED )

— ☾ —

Alex blew out a breath as the recording stopped playing.

"You ever made a wire transfer?" Stiles asked.

"Never had enough money." Scott answered as Alex shook her head.

"So you guys didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles raised his eyebrows, glancing between Alex and Scott.

"I don't understand any of this." Scott sighed. "Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?"

"Someone wants us dead, Scott." Alex responded, glancing at Scott. "Badly."

Scott began to collect the money, placing it back into the bag.

"Woah, woah, what are you doing?" Stiles frowned.

"It's late." Scott responded. "We've got the PSAT's in the morning."

"No, I meant the money." Stiles replied, Alex raising her eyebrows. "The five hundred thousand dollars. You know how much money that is?"

"Uh, it's five hundred thousand-" Scott started, however, Alex cut him off.

"It's half a million dollars, Scott." Alex cut in. "What are you gonna do with it? Slide it under your mattress?"

"I have to talk to Derek." Scott responded, glancing at Alex, who nodded. "The money's his."

"You mean his and Peter's." Stiles clarified, Alex and Scott frowning.

"What does that mean?" Alex frowned in question.

"It means, maybe we should proceed with caution." Stiles responded with a sigh.

"You don't think we should tell Derek?" Alex's frown deepened.

"No." Stiles replied simply, Scott frowning too.

Stiles stood up. "No, of course we have to tell him, I'm just...I'm just saying, some of that money is Peter's, right?"

"Yeah..." Scott replied.

"Yeah, Peter." Stiles emphasised the name. "Homicidal killer? Remember? You want to give half a million dollars to him?"