TEN

LETHAL
CHAPTER TEN

( MONSTROUS )

— ☾ —

Alex sighed as she blew out a breath. Lucas had just left, and the girl was already feeling more alone than ever.

She glanced at her bedroom ceiling as she laid down on her bed, her arms resting on her stomach.

She raised her head slightly so she was facing her wall across from her bed. She glanced at the pictures on it, the majority of them of her and her friends, some of her and her parents.

She had recently added the photo of her whole family, including Lucas. Lucas and Alex did end up photocopying the photo, true to Lucas' word.

Suddenly, Alex received a text from Scott. She sat up and took her phone out from inside her pocket, reading the text in her head.

Meet me and Liam at my place. Now.

Alex quickly got up, putting on the closest jacket she could find as the girl hurried to Scott's house.

••••

"Kira found Brett. They're fine, but we need to go. Now." Scott explained as he handed one of his motorcycle helmets to Liam, Alex following the two as they began to walk to the door.

"More assassins?" Alex questioned.

"Maybe a lot more." Scott answered.

"Different then the ones who just tried to set us on fire?" Liam raised his eyebrows, Alex frowning in confusion.

"I think so, yeah." Scott responded before Alex could ask. Him and Alex stopped at the door as they glanced at Liam, who was glancing at the ground.

Liam placed the helmet down onto the table, Scott sighing.

"How about I take you home?" Alex suggested.

"I'm not like you." Liam started slowly. "Both of you."

"Not yet." Scott responded.

"I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'm never gonna learn how to be in control." Liam added, glancing between the two werewolves in front of him. "I mean everything else. You and your other friends try to protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"