Chapter 12: This Love was out of Control, Where Did It Go?

Juliet's POV      

    I smiled and laughed for the first time in a long time as Vic hugged me. I felt happy and content with life, the cuts didn't phase me, and my smile wasn't the usual fake smile I had but a real one. I felt loved and with a person that truly cared. Vic took my hand and led me towards the pool where I could see Mike, Tony, Jaime, Kellin, and Rachel. Tony and mike seemed to be laughing about something while Kellin stood there looking lost in thought.
   "Hi guys," I said when we got close enough, using my free hand to wave at everyone.  
   "Hi," Vic said, waving too.     
   "Hey," they all said, smirks on their faces. Five pairs of eyes looked at me and Vic, then their gaze fell to our embracing hands.I blushed, taking back my hand, and running to sit on a chair.                    "Enjoy your nap?" Jaime asked, winking at me.     
   "Yes I did. Now I'm going to swim," I said standing up and removing Vic's shirt. I had no swim suit under so I just jumped into the pool in my shorts and prayed the life guard would say nothing. The cold water felt nice in this 116 degree weather; soon the guys and Rachel joined me.     “I’ve known Vic for just a couple months but from what Kellin told me I know he went through a tough break up when his girlfriend cheated on him. He’s always seemed a bit guarded but from the looks he gives you I can tell he’s hooked and badly. So how long have you and Vic been dating?” Rachel said leaving Kellin’s side and swimming towards me.    
   “Me and Vic aren’t dating,” I responded absentmindedly, was Rachel right? Did Vic really think of me as more than a friend?   
   “Wow. From the way you act towards each other you would think you would have been dating for years? Are you blind or do you not see it?” Rachel pressed on. I shook my head. Me and Vic were nothing but friends, nothing more.    
    “I’m sure,” I said Rachel’s words still ringing in my head. She pressed her lips together and said nothing for a minute.   
   “Come on. Lets go with the guys,” she said, taking my hand and heading towards where Mike and Jaime were tossing a ball while Tony, Vic, and Kellin watched. I never thought of Vic as more than a friend. But I couldn’t deny there was something about the way he hugged me, how his chocolate eyes lingered on my face, how his touch would give me chills, that I would have to hide, how secure I felt on the nights when he sang me lullabies before bed. He was the one of the few people that knew what happened that summer, minus the few details of Kellin being my boyfriend at the time and my unexpected pregnancy.    

  "Hey go get ready. I'll be back in 30 minutes so we can grab some dinner okay?" Vic said as we walked, hand in hand, back to my hotel room after our midday swim. Kellin and Rachel had left hours ago and the rest of Pierce the Veil had gone to the bar, so me and Vic had been left alone.        "Ok I'll see you in a bit," I said opening my hotel door. Vic smiled, let go of my hand, and hugged me.    
   "See you in a bit," Vic said and left. I stepped into the room, and crashed on my bed. Max, Travis, Derek, and Josh were still no where to be seen, they were probably still pissed at me for disappearing and never bothering to offer some sort of explanation. I would be mad too, but still it annoyed me how overprotective people were of me. I had rough times, I did bad stuff, so what don't we all lose control sometimes. I knew for a fact everyone on this tour had been self destructive at least one night. Still I couldn't imagine my life without the support I got. Especially from Vic.    
   For the last six years of my life he had cared for me. Ever since we met a little while after I left Oregon.  Somewhere along the first year of knowing him, I came to the realization  that Vic cared. More than most people in my life, more than I had originally imagined. When he held me I felt secure and loved. From the time I wanted to end my life to the incident with Michael, he had stuck with me. I couldn't bear the thought of him ever leaving. Even if we are nothing but friends. He just meant too much to me. I shook the thought of Vic from my head, connected my phone to the hotel room radio dock, Alesana rang through the room as I gathered my clothes and walked to the hotel restroom.    
   Twenty-five minutes later I was dressed in a black lace dress, black heels with studs on the heel, my hair was straight and in a messy ponytail, my eyeliner was subtle , and red lipstick was on my lips. I heard a tapping at the door and checked my hair one more time before opening the door, revealing Vic dressed in a black v-neck, jeans, vans, and straight hair.    
  "Hey," I said.     
  "Ready to go?" He asked  
  "Yup," I said grabbing my phone, stepping out and locking the door behind me.    
  "Where are we going?" I asked as we walked towards the elevator.    
  "Um. I was thinking Hard Rock Cafe?" Vic asked biting his lip and turning to look at me. I smiled in response and pressed the elevator button. The elevator doors opened and we stepped inside.     
   "Wow you look stunning," Vic said looking at me up and down, I blushed and looked away from his gaze.      
   Once we were outside of the hotel, Vic slid on his sunglasses and took my hand, leading me through the packed Las Vegas streets and to the Hard Rock Cafe. We made small talk and tried to avoid being recognized.     

   Around 7:00 PM, we were seated and waiting for our orders to be cooked."So any plans for touring after Warped?"I asked.   
  "Yeah, management is thinking of a headlining tour with Sleeping with Sirens. What about Beyond Broken?" Vic responded.     
   "I don't know. I've been writing as of late and we want to release a new album next year, maybe do some touring," I said. To be honest I just wanted time alone with my acoustic guitar. Vic smiled nervously and fumbled with his hair. He grabbed my hand from across the table and held it in his.    
   "Juliet I just cant lie to myself anymore. I love you."    

 Bleh its short and horrible but ive been blocked! So sorry for the lack of updates i was catching up on my school projects and then the collide with the sky tour and my birthday came around...Picture of Vic at the side, how can someone be so damn perfect?! Also Hold On Till May acousic by Pierce The Veil, its beautiful Vote, comment, add to reading list, or fan me! Hope you guys like it!! <3