Chapter 32: Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 31

Juliet's POV

November 18, 2012

   I woke up to kisses trailing down my neck and hands around my waist, holding me closer to the body next to mine. "Morning," I mumbled quietly, my voice husky and deep. 

   "Good morning sleeping beauty," Kellin whispered back and buried his face in my neck. I closed my eyes again and felt the sleep begin to drag me under once more before he got up and disturbed my drowsiness. He disappeared from the bunks as I struggled to sit up and rubbed my eyes in a lazy attempt to fight off sleep. 

  "Our fridge was hijacked. Where do you want to go eat breakfast?" he asked as he set down his suit case on the bottom bunk. I ignored his question, I wasn't hungry yet. I woke up 5 minutes ago for fucks sake. Kellin picked up his sunglasses from inside the suitcase and slid them into place before disappearing into the back lounge once more. 

  I grabbed my cell phone from underneath the pillow behind me and unlocked it to discover half a dozen missed calls from Derek. I brushed them off as Kellin walked over again, carrying a bundle of clothing in his arms and setting them down on the bunk. 

  "You should call him back. He's been looking for you all morning," he whispered before pressing his lips to mine quickly and walking away far too soon. 

 "Why are you packing Kellin?" I asked from my place on Kellin's bunk as he maneuvered around the bus, throwing more  clothes onto the bunk.

   "Today's our last day on tour, I have to finish packing," Kellin replied walking over and starting to horribly fold some of his clothing.

   "The tour doesn't end for another couple of days, you have time," I said grabbing a shirt from his hands and folding it correctly.

   "We're leaving a little bit early. Gabe needs to be in Ohio soon. His girlfriend is getting a surgery done soon so we decided to drop out of the last two days instead of going on without him."

   "Is she okay?" I asked automatically growing concerned.

   "Yeah she's fine. Just a small surgery, she's been putting off while Gabe's been on tour," Kellin said as he chuckled at my reaction. He grabbed the folded band shirt from my hands and packed it in his suitcase as I grabbed another shirt from his pile.

    "Oh."

    "We can go back to Oregon for a while if you want. Just for thanksgiving and a couple of weeks after that. I want to go visit my family for Christmas...if you want to come?"

    "That sounds perfect," I said already wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him. I smiled into the kiss as Kellin grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to the edge of the bunk. It really did. Christmas used to be my favorite time of the year in Oregon. The constant snow was always an excuse to stay home with a fire and a book. Unlike California that rarely got below 50 degrees and even though it was supposed to be raining, the sun beat down on you all day.  

   "You're perfect," he said smirking. I rolled my eyes at him as I continued helping him pack.

   "Where are we...um going to stay while in Oregon?" I asked a few minutes later. The small studio apartment we shared nearly a decade ago was still there, the same as we had left it before. Last time I was there I noticed Kellin had only taken his guitar and left everything else untouched. His set of keys were still on the kitchen table collecting dust. I haven't gone back to Oregon in years, but I never thought about selling the place. I never thought of throwing away our old clothes. Derek had gone back a few weeks after the accident and packed most of our things in boxes, but they stayed there. Kellin had moved to Michigan with his parents and stayed with the guys a lot since they toured so much and he had no place to call home. Until he moved to Los Angeles and moved in with Rachel. But Kellin said Rachel kept the apartment and simply threw out the few changes of clothing Kellin kept there.