3

I looked at the stadium centre the next morning, keeping my eye out for him. I had no other reason to live apart from maybe, dating him? It's true I have feelings for him, I don't need to deny that.
That's when I saw him, I smiled brightly when the announced his name and he stepped forward, in fact I stood up and clapped with a bright grin on my face.
"You know him? He was endorsed by the Chairman himself, you know." The women next to me said when I sat down.
"Ah, yes... I'm his... childhood friend." I answer, trying not to let social anxiety get the better of me. "He was endorsed by the Chairman, you say?" I say with a little more confidence.
"Mhm."
This is going to be much more difficult than expected. So much for trying to not see my past foster family again, haha. I'm such a loser.
I managed to catch a flying taxi to Tuffflied, the location of the first gym. In the early morning of the next day, however, I saw Bede waiting impatiently at the gym door.
"You know the gym doesn't open for another hour..." I walk up to him, half nervous, half excited. "The gym leader needs his sleep as well."
This is where I get his personality wrong, I'm so sorry. 😫
"Pfft, I'm going to win this whole thing anyway, who is to care about a few hours of sleep?" He smirked at me.
"Wow you haven't changed at all, Hi Bede, long time no see." I smile, attempting to make small talk which will obviously fail.
"Y/N."
"Bede, it's nice to see you again, how's good ol' Rose?" I am dying on the inside whilst I say phrases I have never said before. "I... well..."
Bede looks at me, then my arms.
Oh frick, I wore a short sleeved shirt today.
"Ah, here is my number if you want it." Then I walk off.
Well I screwed up. He knows. He probably doesn't care. Why did I choose such a bad top option?!