14. PULLED BACK IN

| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |

PULLED BACK IN.

PHOEBE LISTENED INTENTLY AS BROOKE told them her story.

It turned out that when Margaret shot her, the bullet merely scraped any vital organs and the brunette simply passed out from pain. Ray Powell had found her, he bandaged her up the best he could whilst the rest of the ghosts were cutting Margaret into pieces. Ray then helped Brooke out of the camp and from there on all she remembers is waking up in a bright, white room. 

It was intriguing to hear Brooke talking about the encounter. She very clearly was once extremely close to that Ray guy. And the whole encounter seemed to leave a permanent mark on her.

"I thought I was in heaven until I felt all of this pain," Brooke explained, "I guess someone called from the camp payphone, and paramedics got me to the hospital. As soon as I got my strength back, I got out of there and headed North and kept going."

"You've always been a fighter," Donna told her, smiling proudly, "I should've known better than to count you out."

Brooke laughed softly.

"No, but I still don't understand," Bobby piped up, "I mean, what? After all my father did to you, why did you help me? Why did you seek me out and send me money all these years?" He questioned, his eyes looking directly at Brooke as he gently squeezed Phoebe's palm.

"I-I know it's-it's hard to understand, but...I needed to believe that a normal life was possible after Camp Redwood," Brooke explained, smiling softly when she noticed Bobby's and Phoebe's intertwined hands, "A glimmer of hope after all that darkness. Your dad was that for me. He moved to Alaska, got married, had a baby," She smiled warmly, "He was on his way, and the camp pulled him back," Brooke frowned, "Just like it pulled me back when I had a chance to be free. And, I knew that eventually it would pull you in, too, so I did what I could to give you a chance to be free of that awful legacy. So, I guess, in the end, I did it for me just as much as for you."

Bobby sniffled, "Thank you," He said sincerely.

Phoebe felt emotions overtaking her. She placed her other hand on Bobby's arm, softly pulling it to her body and squeezing it as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Brooke smiled at both of them. Her eyes sparkling as she watched the couple engaging with one another, before her eyes glanced over to the dark skinned woman, "Donna, I hope some day you can forgive me."

Phoebe cranked her neck to glance at Donna, as the older woman placed her coffee mug down onto the coffee table and stood up, a genuine smile on her face, "We're bonded for life. We're the ones that got away."

Brooke nodded, her eyes tearing up, "Yeah," She bit her lip as she smiled. Taking a deep breath, the brunette placed her mug down too and stood up, "I guess we're both the final girl."

Donna laughed softly before placing her hand out, to which Brooke did the exact same. It only took seconds before the pair finally engulfed each other in a tight embrace. Phoebe and Bobby watching the scene unfold with content smiles on their faces.

When the two women pulled away, Brooke turned back to the couple, a few fresh tears rolling down her cheeks, "I'm glad to see you happy, Bobby," She spoke in a soft, calm tone, "You deserve it. You both do," She squealed happily, "And, you two just look adorable together."

-

THE THREE OF THEM STAYED at Brooke's house for another thirty minutes or so, before finally saying their farewells. Phoebe and Bobby decided to let Brooke and Donna have a few minutes alone, and so the couple walked outside to stand by Brooke's truck. 

"You finally got your answer," The blonde stated as she looked up at Bobby, a genuine smile on her face.

He nodded, his fingers squeezing hers, "I did," He smiled, however Phoebe could tell he was hiding something, and it certainly didn't take her long before she realised what it was.

"You want to go back, don't you?"

Bobby nodded sheepishly, "How did you know?"

Phoebe rolled her eyes playfully, "Oh, come off it, you know that I know you better than the back of my own hand," She chuckled softly, "Plus, it wasn't that hard to figure out."

Bobby chuckled and nodded, he was about to say something when Donna finally walked out; a happy smile plastered on her face as she reached the couple.

"Come on. I'll buy you two lunch."

"Nah. It's okay," Bobby declined politely.

Donna's eyes glanced between the couple, "You're going back to that camp, aren't you?" She questioned with a knowing look on her face.

"Told you," Phoebe sang in a teasing tone.

Bobby laughed softly before turning serious, "I felt something when I was there, like...Someone watching over me. Um, I don't know," He shook his head, "Maybe it was him."

"Brooke was right. Once that place has a hold on you, it never stops," Donna stated sadly, "You're not gonna find what you're looking for."

Phoebe glanced over at Bobby as he let out a small sigh, "Thanks for all your help, Donna," He said softly, smiling kindly at the older woman before pulling Phoebe away in the opposite direction.