9. MONSTER

| CHAPTER NINE |

MONSTER.

"KILLING THAT ASSHOLE WAS EASY," Montana stated, after Trevor explained how he had managed to kill a guy named Bruce, who was supposedly a huge fan of serial killers and tried to copy their work, "No muss, no fuss. But...Ramirez was a different monster."

Phoebe felt a shiver go down her spine as Montana began to explain their plan on how they killed the infamous serial killer Richard Ramirez; aka The Night Stalker. As it turned out, Montana used to date the serial killer; just before he actually become one, so it was her job to lure him in with fake love. Well, that and Billy Idol. 

Montana had managed to talk Ramirez into coming with her to a secluded shed, where, as soon they walked in the other ghosts started to appear before the door got locked shut and The Night Stalker was surrounded. Montana was the first to drive a knife through his back. It didn't take long before the rest of the ghosts began to hit the serial killer with anything sharp that they could find, before Montana sliced his throat to finish him off.

"But why didn't you make sure that he died outside of camp?" Bobby intrigued, "Why...Trap his soul in here, with all of you?"

"Ramirez already died once," Montana explained, "In '84, and the devil brought him right back to life. In minutes, he was flesh and blood again."

"As in, he could moonwalk right out of this place," Trevor stated, using his fingers to show legs moving, "Go anywhere."

Phoebe and Bobby shared a confused look.

"If we were gonna keep beelzefuck from fully reincarnating the prick, Ramirez was gonna need to be under constant supervision," Montana clarified, "So, for thirty straight years, that's exactly what we've given him." 

"His own living hell," Phoebe muttered.

"Exactly," Montana nodded, "A literal death watch. There are over forty souls here. We all take turns. The second he wakes, we're on him like flies on shit. We're constantly coming up with new, horrible ways kill him. After all the dreadful shit he did to so many people, he deserves to suffer."

"So..." Trevor sighed, "That's how we've been able to keep him at bay," He stood up and walked over to Phoebe and Bobby, passing the latter of the two a silver flash that he fished out of his pocket, as Montana turned on a lantern. That's when Phoebe finally realised how dark it looked outside, how long have they been there?

"We're doing this to keep you safe," Montana added.

"Me?" Bobby asked after he took a large sip of the contents in the flask.

"You're the first person he'd come for," Montana clarified. Phoebe shared a worried look with Bobby as he passed her the flask; which she took a large gulp from, "The son of Jingles he swore to kill. The boy in Alaska. And he wouldn't just kill you. He'd make you suffer," Montana's eyes shifted to the other blonde in the room, "My guess would be by killing her."

Phoebe shifted uncomfortable, but soon relaxed when she felt Bobby's hand on her thigh.

"Your dad wanted you protected from Ramirez, and so we took up the mantle," Trevor stated, his voice soft and calm. A contrast to the bitterness of his tone whenever he spoke about Margaret.

"Wait. So..." Bobby let out a small, nervous chuckle, "All this time, all these years, you've...You've been saving my life?"

Montana and Trevor nodded, "Yeah," They chorused.

"Thank you," Bobby said, a genuine look of gratitude on his face.

"It's no big deal," Montana smiled before she held her hand out to Trevor, who took it instantly, "What really matters is that we get you out of here," Her voice suddenly became stern, "This is the worst possible place you could be."

"Well, I appreciate what you've done for me, but you're wrong. I mean, if no one dies here, that means I can actually talk to my dad."

"What part of 'we haven't seen him' don't you get?" Montana asked rhetorically.

"He's been M.I.A for, like, thirty years, dude," Trevor added, lying back on the bed.

Bobby shook his head, "I'm not leaving," He stated, "Not until I find him."

Trevor suddenly sprung up from his lying position, "Okay, I understand your need for closure. But, even if you do find him, I'm not really sure that Mr. Jingles is gonna give you the warm and fuzzies that you're looking for."

Bobby sighed, his fingertips were drawing patterns on Phoebe's thigh as he frowned, "I have to try."

Suddenly, the door of the cabin flew open causing everyone to jump up in shock. Phoebe gasped when she spotted Richard Ramirez standing right outside, a vengeful look on his face before he let out a loud yell and rushed inside.