12. THE FINAL GIRL

| CHAPTER TWELVE |

THE FINAL GIRL.

PHOEBE FELT SICK TO HER stomach as Donna Chambers explained the gruesome details of Margaret Booth's death. The fact that the blonde woman tried to kill her after managing to kill Brooke Thompson. How the ghosts gathered around and cut her before placing each limb into the wood chipper that spat her remains outside of the camp, leaving her brain to the very end so that she suffered. Her memories instantly reminded her of the fact that she and Bobby had walked past a wood chipper when they arrived at the camp, but she never thought that what had happened with it, happened.

"Margaret finally got what she had coming to her," Donna stated, "I just wish Brooke was alive to see it."

"So, then, Brooke...Was a patsy just like my dad," Bobby said, trying to make sense of everything he and Phoebe had learnt today. The blonde reached over and wrapped her hand around his, squeezing it lightly to bring him some comfort.

"I tried to do right by her," Donna explained, "Give her a new life. But she just couldn't outrun what happened to her at that camp. It pulled her back in, and eventually, it killed her."

"So, you were the last one. The only one."

Donna gave them a sad smile, "The final girl. I went back a few times to check in, pay my respects. But it was hard for them seeing someone like me, that could change, grow old. Someone with a life."

Bobby nodded understandingly before leaning forwards, "Thank you," He told her sincerely, his eyes shining with tears.

"Telling you the truth is the least I can do."

"I mean for the money," Bobby clarified, "The checks. All this time, I thought it was my dad sending them, but it was you, wasn't it?"

Phoebe noticed the confused look on Donna's face as the dark skinned woman shook her head, "I don't know what you're talking about," She stated, "I never sent you anything."

Bobby shared a confused look with the blonde, "Well, then, there must be someone else who knows," He stated, his eyes glancing back over to Donna, "Someone else who made it out. Maybe you weren't the final girl after all."