1. MR. JINGLES

| CHAPTER ONE |

MR. JINGLES

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

THE SOUND OF THE FRONT door echoed through her ears as her fingertips hovered over the keyboard on her laptop.

"Still stuck for ideas?" Bobby's voice brought her back into the real world as she turned to look at him.

"Don't you know it," Came her reply.

Phoebe Murphy was an aspiring author. Every since she was a little girl all she ever did was write. Well, when she didn't have stupid writer's block that is.

The blonde lived in a small yet cosy apartment with her best friend Bobby Richter. The two had met years ago when Phoebe moved in next door to Bobby and his aunt with her father. The pair didn't exactly hit it off at first though. Bobby would constantly tease the girl for being three years younger than himself for years before finally stopping half way through high school and that's when they realised they had a lot more in common than they ever thought.

This led the pair to become great friends, who saw each other even when Bobby went off to college. The same college Phoebe went to when it was time for her, however, she didn't finish it and quit half way through her second year. Her father wasn't too happy with her decision at first, but eventually he warmed up to it and the girl went off to work before deciding to move out of her father's home.

Bobby - being the best friend she could've ever had - agreed to move in with her, making it a lot easier money-wise. And of course, it was a lot less lonely. He did move back to his aunts for a bit, to look after her when she got seriously ill. Phoebe didn't bother choosing a new roommate, there wasn't any point in doing so as he promised to be back when his aunt was back on her feet. Unfortunately, his aunt never got back up on her feet. She sadly passed away with Bobby by her side.

On her death bed she told him the complete truth about his parents. About his father being the infamous serial killer Mr. Jingles. A man that terrorised a campsite called Camp Redwood not once, but twice. Of course, this stirred a lot of interest in both Phoebe and Bobby, the latter of who spending a lot of time in the library and online looking through files from the years 1970 to 1984.

"Did you find anything?" Phoebe questioned, shutting her laptop and placing it onto the small coffee table in front, which was located opposite their two-seater couch. 

Bobby nodded and rushed over to the blonde's side. He threw his backpack onto the ground and rummaged through it, his jean-covered knees brushing against her exposed ones; she was wearing some shorts as the summer was just beginning but the weather was already above boiling. She couldn't help but feel a tingling sensation whenever their knees brushed, or the smell of his cologne penetrated her nostrils.

Shaking her head, Phoebe glanced over his shoulder at the stack of newspapers and files which he placed on his lap.

"I found the address," Bobby explained, "I think I'm gonna go up there. You know, to find some answers."

Phoebe nodded understandingly, "Of course," She took hold of one of the old newspapers. It was dated back to summer of 1970 and had a black and white photograph of the only survivor; Margaret Booth. 

"D-Do you want to come along?"

Phoebe's eyes glanced back up to Bobby, his cheeks a tinted rose colour. She nodded, "Yeah, I'll come with you."

He sent her a wide smile, "I'm leaving tomorrow."

Phoebe clapped her hands together, "Perfect. Maybe this will get my creative juices flowing."