11. RED MEADOWS ASYLUM

| CHAPTER ELEVEN |

RED MEADOWS ASYLUM.

PHOEBE DROVE FASTER THAN SHE had ever driven in her life before. Her eyes kept dancing between the road ahead and Bobby, making sure that he was okay. Luckily for them, the knife barely scratched him; only managing to get caught in his coat rather than his back, meaning the dark liquid on it could've been someone else's blood.

They reached the Red Meadows Asylum incredibly quick, before rushing out of the car and towards the entrance.

Phoebe noticed Bobby limping slightly, and instantly she wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she helped him. He gave her a thankful smile before placing a kiss on her forehead. 

When they finally entered the building, the bright lights blinded them momentarily before Phoebe finally noticed how Bobby looked; his hair was matted with dirt covering parts of his face and clothes. There was some blood smeared on his cheek as he panted.

She had no doubt that she looked better. Glancing down briefly at her pants and shoes, she could see that they were covered in a shit ton of mud. So, there was no doubt in her mind that when the receptionist spotted them, she more than likely thought they were crazy or on drugs.

"I need to see the medical director," Bobby breathed out, looking at the brunette receptionist who had just placed her mobile phone down. 

"Yo, you're in the wrong kind of hospital," The brunette chuckled, "This ain't no ER."

"I'm fine. Please. It's very important."

"She's kind of indisposed right now. Maybe I can take a message?" The receptionist asked, tilting her head to the side as her amused eyes glanced over Phoebe and Bobby.

"No!" Bobby exclaimed, smashing his hands on the reception desk which caused both the brunette and Phoebe to jump back in surprise, "I'm sorry. I've-I've had a very long day, and I just need a few minutes of her time," He gulped, "Please."

"Okay," The receptionist suddenly smiled, "No problem. Have a seat over there," She pointed over to a few empty chairs on the other side of the room, "I'll see what I can do."

Bobby nodded, "Thank you," Before he turned away from the woman and with Phoebe's help went over to the seats.

Phoebe let out a huge sigh of comfort when she sat down herself. Her legs were aching and she didn't even realise until now. Her eyes scanned the room, it wasn't cosy at all, If anything, it made her feel like she was in the waiting room of a jail. The lights were overly bright and it had a strange stench of bleach mixed with sweat. The blonde heard the receptionist talking on the landline before hanging up and the room went eerily quiet.

Bobby placed one of his mud covered hands on Phoebe's thigh and without a second thought, the blonde placed her hand over his, lacing their fingers together as they waited.

The sound of a door opening grabbed both of their attention as two men dressed in pure white doctor uniforms came out. Phoebe looked confused as they held their hands out, looking wary of Bobby, "Take it easy now," One of the men said, "Just gonna get you cleaned up."

"What?" Bobby asked, looking between the two men with a confused expression.

The men didn't say anything, instead they both got on each side of Bobby; one of them moving Phoebe to do so, as they hooked their arms around his and began to lift him up out of the seat.

"What the hell are you doing with him?" The blonde yelled, trying to get up but one of the men pushed her back.

"No, no, no, no, no, no," Bobby repeated, shaking his head as he tried to escape their tight grasp, "No, no, no. I'm-I'm not here for that. I'm just here to get some information."

"You're in good company," One of the men said as the three of them began to scuffle slightly; Bobby trying his hardest to stand stiffly whilst the two men tried their best to pull him out of the waiting room.

Phoebe was now up on her feet. Shouting at the men to leave him alone, but they weren't listening. Even threatened her that the same thing would happen to her if she didn't shut up.

"Listen, it's about Benjamin Richter!" Bobby yelled, his voice laced with annoyance.

"Wait," A dark skinned woman suddenly said, "What about Richter?" She asked, glancing curiously at Bobby.

"He was my father," Bobby explained, his eyes focused on the woman.

Phoebe couldn't spot her name tag anywhere, but the way she was dressed, she had a feeling that the woman had a lot of power in this place. Hopefully, it was the person Montana wanted them to speak with. 

The dark skinned woman widened her eyes before ordering the two men to let go of Bobby. They were hesitant at first but when she sent them a pointed look they quickly followed her instructions. 

Phoebe let out a huge sigh of relief before running over to Bobby, throwing her arms over his shoulders as he squeezed her body to his. 

The dark skinned woman ordered the receptions to change some of her appointments before she led both Phoebe and Bobby to her office. The chairs in there were comfier than the ones out in the waiting room. 

"I knew your father," The woman - Phoebe learnt her real name was Donna Chambers - stated casually, as she sat at her desk; opposite to the couple.

"You did? How?"

"How doesn't matter. What matters is that you know this," She took a deep inhale, "When they locked him up in here, they locked up an innocent man."

"But, uh, there was so much evidence," Bobby stated.

"Evidence planted by the real killer. Margaret Booth."

Bobby and Phoebe shared a confused look.

"Margaret Booth," Bobby repeated, "But, she-she was a victim. She testified at the trial," He stated, "She was missing an ear."

"She was thorough, I'll give her that," Donna stated, her face showed that she was clearly annoyed by Margaret's actions, "Opportunistic. Smart. A straight up psychopath. Put all that into a blender, and you've got one of the most vicious serial killers of the 20th century. And she almost got away with it. Almost," Donna leaned back in her chair, shaking her head in an disapproving manner "Until that Halloween night in 1989."