Shakespearean Tragedies (Reprise)

°~1 Week Later~°

(Y/N POV)

Darling Olivia,

Hath not I engrossed myself with such digressions, my days would tire past me with the forsaken thought of you. I'm growing desirous, Olivia, and I cannot persuade myself to marginalize these feelings. I attend church daily to rid myself of these salacious thoughts victimizing me. You damn woman have bewitched me, but I shall find it in my honour to pardon you. It is, besides, in a woman's nature.

In any matter, godforsaken tragedy has struck for poor Valentino. She began her regular menses on the weekend and pleaded me to tell only but you. Unfortunately, I hadn't much of the ability to help her; if only you were here and I could have towed you into this. Alas, I had to inform Mrs Taylor. No young lady should endure such a struggle alone.

I work for Mr Mulligan weekly, filling in primarily for his son. Though do not fret, Miss, I am not involved in some disreputable love affair that would tear me away from you. As a professional, Mr Mulligan takes the measurements of the men and women. I advise on satisfactory clothing of those in need, though if measurements are required, I am only permitted to the men.

It's peculiar, truly. Mr Mulligan had authorized me to you that once with no misgivings. He must suspect of us, although you could state that it is long-established now. I would gladly spend an eternity with you; I would shelter you from harm; I would gift you with the greatest pleasures. Perhaps I could tutor you on the refinement of the Spanish language.

I wish you well, Señorita. Eres el tesoro eterno de mi vida.

- C. Fernández

"Well, embrasse-moi doucement, Señor Fernández~" Lafayette teased in a mixture of French and Spanish. He was unknowingly perched behind my shoulder and silently read the letter.
"GO AWAY!!" I shoved him aside and hid the letter face-down.
"I see now why you enjoy him so much!" he exclaimed.
"You shouldn't be nosing into other people's business!"

He chuckled and took a seat. "He certainly does remind me of Alexander. They should co-operate with one another."
"They exchange letters..."
"You're already introducing him to his father-in-law? Excellent, mon am-!"
"Who said I was marrying him?!"
"He seems to imply it."

I flipped it over and read again. '...it is long-established now. I would gladly spend an eternity with you...' His father's methods had appeared to work. It was hard to believe that he was aristocratic once, with every luxury. And still, he was taught to find a kind, attractive and devoted wife, not just a woman he thought he could start a family with. Each partner had to be happy, and I suppose I was. But marriage?