Run

!!Warning!!

(Alexander POV)

I yawned into my sleeve, flopping my head onto the horse's. I closed my eyes as the moon began to rise over the horizon. Its melancholy glow reflected into the Delaware river, scattering light all around. An enemy camp lurked beyond the distance, and I therefore kept a reasonable length away from it.

I grunted in surrender, losing hope on the chance of finding them. Surely, Lafayette wouldn't be stupid enough to lead them into the camp, so I had to continue looking. I trotted the horse forward, realising that there was no possible way that I could edge any closer. Scouting the area around the camp, I couldn't detect any forms of life heading my way. Maybe... Maybe I'd just gone the wrong way. No... No, I refused to believe that they'd have trespassed here. I turned my stallion around, riding off towards Washington's camp.

But the instant I heard movement, my instincts immediately told me to stop. It was almost like I could hear... screaming? Shouting? I tilted my head around, recognising a swarm of soldiers in mostly white clothing violently heading my way. They were fleeing: a batallion of horses and a carriage sprinting for their lives towards me.

(Y/N POV)

°~5 minutes earlier~°

I sighed nervously, a shiver being sent down my spine as I lead them forward. How could he have put me, the new recruit, in charge of a group of men? If only he'd have known who I really was, there is no way anyone would've trusted me with this.

Our loud footsteps caught the guards' attention, and they swivelled round to face me. They stood with loaded muskets at their sides, eyeing the 'prisoners' down. "And what is it that you're doing?" the one to the left asked. On the right stood the guard who'd confronted me, Lafayette and Hercules before.
"We're taking the prisoners out for a march." I said with a sudden confidence. "Unfortunately, they don't know how to shut their mouths when they're not spoken to."
"Excuse m--" Lafayette slapped Angus around the face before he could continue.

"I see... Wouldn't you just like us to shoot them?" the guard offered.
"No. They don't deserve such affection. They shall be punished, each and every one of them, until they can learn the proper expectations around here." I concluded, trying not to smile like a goof.
"I respect that, Captain. Go ahead." The guards parted ways on either side to allow us through.

"Oh, and by the way, the Colonel shall be exiting with a supply of three horses soon, for the three of us." I informed. Both of the guards nodded, however the one on the right squinted his eyes with suspicion. "Thanks."

I sighed in relief: that went well. Once we were fully out of sight, Lafayette jogged over to me. "I'm impressed!" he exclaimed, watching as Hercules quickly walked over with the horses. "For a new recruit, you have much potential."
"I wouldn't say that." I admitted, "Besides, nobody is as great as you."
Lafayette grinned. "You're not wrong, mon ami. You're not wrong."

We silently tread over near the carriage, shivering from the bitter cold of the night. Weirdly enough, I saw three figures trudging towards us. They... didn't seem to be wearing any clothes. Only their underwear. I stopped, delaying the line to resume to a halt. "Hey! You!!" The guards ran up to us from behind, but I kept a steady eye out on the men in front of us.

"What's your name?" the guards asked Lafayette.
"...Bill." he responded, in the most British accent he could muster.
"Bill who?"
"Bill Fagan."
"Then you're mistaken." A large sheet of paper was drawn from one's pocket, holding the faces of countless people. They pointed to a specific one, holding out for Lafayette to see.

"Marie-Joseph Paul Y... Y..."
"Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette." Lafayette interrupted him. "...Shit."
"INTRUDERS!!" Lafayette dodged the gunshot aimed directly at his head.
"RUN!!" I screamed down the line, everyone gone into full-blown panic mode. Another gunshot was fired at Hercules, but it thankfully only grazed off of the side of his cheek.

"WE'LL NEED BACKUP!!" The guards sprinted off, and the half-naked men were now only a few metres from us.
"EVERYONE, MAKE YOUR WAY TOWARDS THE CARRIAGE!!" Hercules declared. We all scattered around like ants, accidentally knocking the three redcoats to the ground. They rubbed their heads in a daze as we wandered by.

"Okay, 20 of you squeeze yourself in there!" -Hercules let the horses free- "Two people per horse. John, you, and you, come with us." We followed him over to where we'd rested our horses from before, turning back to see almost the entirety of the redcoats preparing to charge. "On your horses, lads!" On the sighting of the redcoats, I panicked, slipping off of the horse the instant I tried to climb on. By now, they were already charging, and the carriage was leaving. Lafayette took my hand, yanking me onto his horse instead.

We all rode off as fast as these horses could go, pushing them to their ultimate limit. The redcoats began firing, though most of the bullets couldn't reach. One, however, must've struck the carriage, as I heard someone squeal out in pain. We released all of the oxygen from our lungs, to the point we found it hard to breathe.

Ahead of us was a lone man on horseback: he was one of us. He wore a dark blue uniform, racing the other way as soon as he saw us. Suddenly, the redcoats stopped in their tracks, realising that they had ultimately chased us out of their territory. There was nothing they could do now; they knew we weren't coming back.

We journeyed on, though our pace slowed. The man before us glanced back, stopping after staring our way. "Lafayette?" he questioned.
"Monsieur Hamilton!" Lafayette shouted across, his voice echoing around. Wait... Alexander was here?!
He padded up to us, observing the cluster of people. "Seems like you've been up to something..." Hamilton commented.
"You wouldn't believe us if we told you, mon ami!"

Alexander turned to me furiously, as always. He'd probably expected this to be all my fault (which in theory it was). He faced Hercules to greet him, but was instead sidetracked by a certain someone. "J- John?"
"Alex?!" Both abandoned their horses, darting to hold each other for the first time in forever.  Alexander stroked a hand through John's hair, exploring every inch of him to gain that sense of satisfaction he hadn't felt for a long while.

"You have no idea how much I've missed seeing you..." Alexander complimented, relieved that his bestest friend was safe.
"I hate to say this, but we'll have to break up your little reunion. Those redcoats could come back at any moment." Hercules warned.
"Right, yeah..." The two parted, saddling their stallions once again.

"Let's move out!" Lafayette commanded, leading our small batallion to the East.