Ch90 - Contacts

Stiles's POV

"I need to go." I said while raising my hand within seconds after the door had closed behind Liz.

"Stilinski, I think we all know that you don't 'need to go'. Just focus on your test." Mr Harris said with the same calm voice he always spoke in. 

"I need to make a call." I tried again while throwing my backpack over my shoulder and standing up.

"Mr Stilinski. Sit down, now." he said dangerously low.

"I have to go to the toilet." I said not even caring which one he would pick.

I saw that everyone was about to laugh at what I was doing. Everyone but our friends. They knew what was going on. Liz was just reunited with her dad. I knew it shocked us all when we saw her cry. Liz isn't a crybaby.  

I needed to go.

I stepped from my seat and headed for the door.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mr Harris said as he stepped in front of me, blocking the door.

"Personal business. I have to go."

"You're in the middle of a test. Get back or I'll grade you as it is."

I quickly dodged him and ran away. I heard him shout from the door but there was no way I would turn around.

What do I do now? I thought as I walked towards my car. Where would they bring her? I should call Derek, shouldn't I? I jumped in my car. I should call my dad first. He should know more. Why would he let them take Liz though? It doesn't make sense. She's told him everything about her past. Enough details to make normal people have nightmares. He wouldn't just let them, right?

"Stiles? I thought you had a test. What are you-"

"Dad" I cut him off "Why did you let them take Liz?"

"Wha-"

"Liz. Parrish and Jones took her. They were escorting her dad. She broke down. We have to do something!"

 "They did what?" he said while I heard him ruffle between some files. "Oh god." he said after a minute of searching.

"What? Dad, what did you find?"

I could hear him sigh deeply on the other end and I could just imagine him looking for words. "Stiles... There is nothing we can do for now. He has officially asked for the police's help to find his runaway daughter. We can't-"

"No. there must be something! You know what he's done! We can't let him take her!" I cried impatiently.

"I'm sorry Stiles but we have to fight it legally."

"No." I said stubbornly and ended the call. There is no way I'm letting him have his way with this. 

I scrolled through my phone until I found Derek. He answered after it rang a few times.

"Hello?" he said with an empty voice.

"Derek, Liz's dad is here to take her back!" 

"I know." he said with the same hollow voice.

"What? How do you-"

"Stiles, Liz is here."