Ch59 - Sore and bruised

We waited a bit at Derek's house. I knew that he was nervous and wanted to know how the others were doing. But every time I said that I was fine and he should just go, he disagreed with me and stayed. It looked like I only made him more determined to stay so I ended up giving in.

After just a few minutes, Derek's phone rang. He quickly answered. I used my werewolf hearing to listen in.

"We're okay." Scott's voice said. "We've got nothing but a few cuts. The Lorem... was less fortunate."

"What do you mean less fortunate?"

"Peter killed it."

Derek informed the others about my situation but I tuned out. Only when Derek put his phone back in his pocket, I looked up.

"So I guess you heard?"

"It's good that it's dead." I stated.

Derek looked shocked. "I know it hurt you really bad but that-"

"It's not because of that. It would be a liability if we would've captured it."

Derek pulled up his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "I didn't know you thought like that."

"You think capturing would've worked?"

"We could've managed to capture it, yes."

"Okay, then what? Keep it in a cage? Let it be your pet? Buy it a plane ticket to Europe?"

Derek sighed annoyed "I don't know, but we would've found a way."

I shook my head lightly "Well, it's dead anyway. It's not like we can change it."

"I never knew you are so much like Peter." he mumbled distantly.

Was that a bad thing? Why does nobody like Peter? Did he do something before I came here? I should ask Stiles about it.

 ~~**~~**~~**~~

Derek drove me back to Stiles's house. The ride was uncomfortable and silent. He stopped in front of the door but only drove off when he saw Stiles open the door.

"Hi! How are you?" Stiles asked as he let me in.

"I'm fine." I lied since it felt like I lost a fight. Sore and bruised. "How are you guys?"

"Isaac got a scratch on his stomach and Peter has some scratches but he seems to heal faster."

"Yeah about Peter, why do you guys hate him?"

Stiles looked at me like I just asked something really stupid then he got concerned when he saw that I had no idea. "He's always using everyone around him. He's merciless. You know he killed the Lorem right?"

Apparently I'm to only one who agreed with Peter. I think I should keep it to myself in order to stay friends with them.

"I did not. He killed it? Oh my god. I mean, I knew it died... I just didn't know that Peter actually did something like that..." I said keeping up my title of master liar.

"Yeah he did." Stiles said clearly relieved that I sided with them. "So, since you're okay, have you done your homework for tomorrow?"

"Yeah about that... Have you seen the marks and wounds that thing left me? I can't go to outside like that." I quickly made up.

It was true though. The Lorem's claws had left me with a lot of red irritated skin tissue and slow healing wounds. It looked like I was badly beat up.

"Then what are you gonna do when we have school?" Stiles asked still not getting it. I wanted to reply immediately but Stiles was faster "You're not skipping." He said strictly.

"It'll just be for a few days. I'm already ahead of all my scientific classes and I can just... ask someone for help with the other things."

I saw Stiles thinking so I quickly added "I can't go to school looking like this. People will think that the sheriff and his son abuse the weird girl."

"Fine." Stiles groaned in defeat "And you're not weird." I raised my eyebrow. "Okay you're like... a bit above average weird."

"That's more like it." I said jokingly.

"But once those marks fade, you'll go back." He said strictly.

"Promise."