Same Mistakes

(A\N: Hey guys :) This story isn't really getting many views on this site, which I'm kinda sad about :( Anyway this chapter is particularly on of my favorites to write. I hope you enjoy it! :) )

Draco held his throbbing cheek, beginning to feel the anger bubbling back up inside him once again. Hermione stood there fuming just as much. They glared at each other for nearly a minute when- SMACK.

"And that, is for insulting me."

Draco stood there, still as a statue. Rage bubbled up in every inch of his body. It spread all through his veins and clogged his mind, making him unable to think reasonably. Both his cheeks were a bright red compared to his usually pale skin. Every thought cleared his mind, and all he wanted to do was hurt the woman in front of him.

"How dare you! I can't believe you! I knew always knew you were a bad person, but attack me!? I should report you to Harry! You sick god damn bastard! Look what you did! I saw all the blood! My blood! I'm going straight to the Ministry and-"

She must have looked in his eyes, seeing the fury and the coldest look she'd ever received. A look that clearly said 'Shut up or I will kill you.' She kept her eyes locked with his for another few seconds but turned away, unable to look into someone's eyes and see pure hatred and anger. She grew fearful now. Her heart started to pound and her head still really hurt. On the outside, Malfoy's body language looked calm and composed. But through his eyes, he was a man who was on edge. Ready to strike if there was one wrong move.

He slowly began to move forward, as if stalking her as prey. He leaned into a crouch; his eyes alight, completely set on her with a murderous glint in his eye.

"One wrong move Granger, and you'll regret it." He said with a sneer that clashed horribly with is beautiful features.

"I highly doubt that ferret." She said with as much strength as she could muster. With him stalking towards her, her confidence was dwindling.

"I dunno Granger. You look pretty scared to me." He gave her an evil smirk.

She snorted in a very unladylike way, but she was merely stalling. She didn't want to know what would happen if she did make that wrong move.

But it seems like the punch and slap put together were enough. Suddenly, he lunged. He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her against the wall, just like in the alley.

Hermione saw stars. Tears welled up in her eyes from hitting her freshly healed head. She had to gasp to keep breathing because he was holding her by the neck so tightly.

"Now, mudblood bitch, listen to me. What did I tell you? Are you regretting this all now? I told you what would happen and you didn't listen."

He threw her to the ground and she whimpered as she landed with a loud thud. The tears spilled down her cheeks. She was so scared. Was this how it was going to end? Being killed by her childhood bully? She had survived a war for Merlin's sake. But, she had her wand to protect her then. She didn't have her wand now. And she highly doubted she could overpower a man who was 6'3 and as ripped as he.

Draco's thoughts and sense were slowly coming back to him. But as the monster was still in control of his mind, a fresh wave of rage overcame him. Remembering the most recent slap, he glared down at her, and swiftly kicked her in the ribs.

...What if he rapes me? What if he kills me slowly? Will he use an Unforgivable? Will he- A sharp searing pain knocked the wind completely out of her, making her gasp for air. Her thoughts scattered and she started to panic.

"Please, please, don't hurt me! I'm sorry. I won't tell anyone! I'll keep it to myself, just p-please, don't kill me!" She sobbed brokenly in fear of her life.

Draco's mind slowly unclogged as her listened to her pleas and watched the tears flow down her pink cheeks. He slowly realized he'd done it again. And it was even worse than the first. No. Merlin, no. I can't believe this! He stared down at her. He stared at the sobs wracking her body, the way she gasped for breath, and the way her little hands cradled where he had kicked her. He got down onto his knees beside her, and she started to panic even more.

"No! Please! I-I won't tell anyone! I promise! Just don't hurt me, p-please!" She pleads.

"Relax," he told her gently, "I won't hurt you again, I promise."

She looked at him skeptically, holding his gaze trying to see if he was lying to her so he could take advantage. But his eyes told the truth. Gone was the anger and murderous glint. Now a pain filled pleading look replaced it.

"I won't. Swear to Merlin." He said quietly.

She stared at him a few more seconds, and nodded. He felt utterly relieved. Then she slowly started to sit up, but the pain in her side caused her to yelp. The pain told her she would have a bruise. She wiped her tears away refusing to keep crying over it. She moved again but, gently, two arms wrapped around her. One arm supporting her neck and shoulder, and one hooked under her knees. She started to move away and protest. She understood he wouldn't hurt her again, but that didn't mean she wanted him to touch her.

"No, I can-"

"Trust me Hermione. I won't hurt you ever again. I'm just going to take you to the spare room and give you something for your head, for the pain, and so you can sleep."

Again she nodded. She was too weak to argue. And her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

He gently lifted her from the ground and carried her to a beautiful room. It was filled with beautiful dark wood furniture and a huge 4 poster bed. The walls were painted in swirls of green and white, giving it an earthy glow. He lay her down on the bed and walked into what she guessed was the bathroom. He came back and had three different vials in his hand. The content colour of each vial was a blood red, (for the pain) a midnight blue, (for sleep) and a bubblegum pink (for her headache). He handed her the red and she drank it grimacing at the bitter taste. Then the same with the pink.

He went to hand her the blue vial, but she stopped him. She looked into his eyes and searched for something. Anything that could tell her why he was so violent. What had happened to him that made him this way? In his eyes, she saw a dead blankness. He looked as if a dementor had suddenly entered the room and sucked out every happy feeling he had. But then she saw it, a brief flash of pain and horror and pure guilt. Then she understood. And now that she did, she couldn't help but trust him. She wasn't afraid now.

"Sleep." He said. "I'll explain to you why when you wake up." His voice was hollow.

He nudged her arm, and handed her the vial. With one last look at him, she drank and sank into the pillows quickly falling asleep thinking of dead grey eyes.