No Idea

Hermione had been listening to their conversation for sometime. She had awoken to the sound of consistent knocking. She had lay in the bed trying to gather her thoughts, and when she was ready to face Malfoy she got up to go and find him.

"...she hit me -twice- and then I blew it again. I hurt her even worse and so I helped her again. I gave her a pain potion and blood replenishing potion, and a sleeping potion, and now she's asleep in my bed." His eyes were still dead looking, and she felt bad for him. It was in her nature to care for everyone no matter what they had done.

Hermione turned her head to see who he was speaking to. It seemed to be Blaise Zabini. He had grown up a lot since school. He was taller and more muscular, and didn't seem to be as lanky and awkward. Just as good looking though, Hermione thought. She inwardly sighed. She was stuck in a house with two Slytherins; one being the boy who bullied her all throughout school, and was the cause of every insecurity she had, and the other she had barely ever spoken too.

She heard Zabini begin to speak; "Well, mate, if she let you help her I'd say you were off the hook."

Hermione snorted, finally showing her presence. "I highly doubt that, Zabini."

Both boys turned around at the sound of her voice. Their expressions were completely different. Blaise seemed to look amused and Draco couldn't even meet her eyes.

"Well, good evening sleeping beauty, how lovely of you to join us." Blaise said sarcastically a smirk marring his dark features.

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and turned to Draco. "I'm awake now, I want some answers."

Finally he looked up at her. Their eyes met and Hermione could see the pain in them. He truly regretted what he did. Anyone would see that. And the fact that he took her to his home to care for her wounds and only her wounds made it even clearer. Draco gestured to the sofa seat between him and Blaise and Hermione eyed it wearily.

"Don't worry, Granger." Blaise said with a wolfish grin, "We won't bite...yet."

Hermione looked between them and made a decision. If they were going to hurt her again they would have done it sooner. She walked over to the middle seat and sat down stiffly between the two.

Blaise rolled his eyes; "We're not going to kill you, Granger."

Hermione and Draco both winced and that seemed to shut Zabini up.

She turned to Draco; "Well?"

He was staring into his glass, his eyes unfocused and dull, but he began; "I really didn't meant to hurt you." He choked on the end of his sentence, his eyes turning red.

He took a deep breathe and continued. "You really pissed me off, and ever since I'd gotten out of house arrest I've had an even worse temper than before. At even the most ridiculous bloody things I blow up. And that's what happened." he finished lamely.

Draco looked up at Hermione and saw that her eyes had softened and she too was choked up.

"Okay." Hermione said quietly.

"Okay?" Draco said confused.

Hermione nodded; "You didn't mean it. I understand that now. And you don't deserve to go to Azkaban. It just wouldn't be fair when I know you truly regretted your actions."

On her other side, Hermione heard Blaise chuckle. "Told you you were off the hook mate."

Hermione turned to him, eyes narrowed. "I never said that, Zabini."

She turned back to Malfoy, "You have to volunteer at my bookshop for the next month. I'm low on workers and I need all the money I can get to keep the place going. You'll work 8 hour days Monday through Thursday and on Saturday. No pay and bring you own lunch." She said firmly.

Draco nodded, not bothering to fight. "Alright."

"Now," Hermione said formally, "Where are my things? I'd like to go home."

Draco got her things from the bedroom and handed them to her.

"Thank you." He said with sincerity.

She looked at him fiercely and said; "Don't expect so much leeway next time Malfoy. If I see you so much as put one toe out of line, your world will go to shit as you know it." With that she turned away, walked out the door and apparated away. Draco stood there thinking about how his life had already gone to shit.

You have no idea, Granger.