Doubts

Draco watched Hermione finally fall asleep. He waited a few seconds and slowly left the room, closing the large wooden door behind him.

This had gotten so out of control. Never in his life had he been so violent. That was the monster raging. That was the part of his brain that wanted nothing more than to hurt a woman who didn't deserve it. And he resented his father for this trait. He had watched his father since childhood hit and abuse his mother, force himself on his mother, and when he didn't get what he wanted, he got it from someone else.

Draco went into his kitchen to get himself a drink. After grabbing a Firewhiskey and a glass, he sank into his couch. His mind was in overload as he thought about how easily she had trusted him to let him pick her up and carry her to his room; or how she willingly drank his potions without hesitation. These things were usually avoided by someone who had beat the shit out of you, took you to there home, tended to your wounds, and then beat the shit out of you again, and then tended to you again.

Since Draco was so wrapped up in his thoughts, he hadn't realized there was a knocking at his front door. He slowly got up to open it. It could only be one person, someone he would trust his life with, someone he could tell about Granger and not get judged. He opened the door; there stood Blaise Zabini. Although he and Draco had been best friends since they were in nappies, they couldn't be more different. Where as Draco was pale skinned and blonde and grey eyed, Blaise was dark skinned with dark hair and dark eyes. Both were tall and muscular though.

"Blaise." He greeted wearily.

"Drake, man. You look like shit." That was Blaises' way of concern.

"I bet I do." Draco replied. He moved out of the door way so Blaise could come in, and then went back to the kitchen for another glass. When he came back, he found his best friend staring down at the blood on the floor and the bandages.

Blaise looked up at him question evident in his eyes. He then cocked an eyebrow and said; "Care to explain, mate?"

Draco sighed and gestured to the couch. It was going to be a long story. They both sat and before Draco could open his mouth Blaise said; "You didn't kill anyone did you?"

Draco scoffed. "Of course I didn't you arsehole. But..." He trailed off, wondering how to approach the subject of Hermione Granger lying in his bed in the other room.

"Then what happened?" Blaise asked, honestly curious.

Draco hesitated at first, but finally replied; "HermioneGranger'sinmybed."

Blaise snorted, "You were mumbling you git." He said with a grin. Leave it to Blaise to turn it into a joke. "Come again?"

Draco scowled at him and said more clearly, "Hermione Granger's in my bed."

It was Draco's turn to smirk at his friend. Blaises' jaw had dropped and his eyes bugged in disbelief. Draco leaned back and watched his friend splutter as he took a gulp of his Firewhiskey letting it burn down his throat.

"Y-you and w-what?! You never bloody tell me anything anymore!" He said as he swung a fist at Draco's arm.

Draco dodged him and snorted. "Not like that you moron. Something...happened." Draco had gotten uncomfortable then. He'd have to tell Blaise that he had attacked Granger.

"What do you mean 'happened?'?" Blaise asked confusion marring his brow.

Draco swished his drink around in his cup, evidently stalling. He didn't want to tell Blaise he and beaten up the war heroin Hermione Granger.

"Drake." Blaise said seriously.

"Alright." Draco caved. "This morning I went to that muggle coffee shop your sister told me about the other day, and I ran into Granger. You know how we always were. We had a spat and she spilt coffee on me. She stormed out, I got pissed, followed her down a alley then the next thing I knew she was lying on the ground, her head was bleeding and she was crying." Towards the end Draco flinched thinking of the memory, but he continued. "I brought her back here, fixed her head and watched her. When she woke up she was pissed so she hit me -twice- and then I blow it again. I hurt her even worse and so I helped her again. I gave her a pain potion and blood replenishing potion, and a sleeping potion, and now she's asleep in my bed." He finished lamely.

Blaise hadn't said a word through Draco's explanation, and thoroughly listened to what happen happened. They sat there for a few minutes going over everything; Draco going over his what Blaise would say, and Blaise on how he would reply to Draco.

"Well, mate, if she let you help her I'd say you were off the hook."

Behind them there was a snort.

"I highly doubt that, Zabini."