I Didn't Mean It

(A\N: New chapter :3)

Hermione stormed out of the coffee shop, with a pounding head and blurred vision. She was beyond angry. Words could not describe the hatred and disgust she felt for Draco sodding Malfoy.

Hermione went to walk back to her flat, taking an alley way that would make it faster for her to get there, by avoiding the traffic. The alley was full of dirt and trash everywhere. Old soggy boxes, torn newspaper, pieces of scrap metal and broken glass littering the way. There were fire escapes coming down the sides of the buildings that made up the alley itself. Normally, any human being with rational common sense would know that going down this alley way would not be a wise choice. But for Hermione, she didn't care any longer. If she could face Lord Voldemort, then she could face some stupid alley way.

As she walked, she contemplated why Malfoy would be in a muggle coffee shop anyways. Work? No, he took over Malfoy Enterprises when his father died just a year after the war. Friends? She doubted it, seeing as he hated muggle's and all things that had to do with them. Then, what? She couldn't place it, and it was bothering her just thinking of something that he could be up to.

She had seen plenty of articles in the Daily Prophet and Witch Weekly about the infamous and dashing Draco Malfoy. The articles all talked about how he was the most eligible bachelor in all of Wizarding England. They talked about all the woman he dated (quite a few), but had never had the desire to settle down. There was also a rumor that said Malfoy was abusive. She had a very bad feeling that that rumor maybe true. Even if he was, he had never been caught or turned in which may mean he had maybe blackmailed or threatened the woman that he had physically hurt.

She thought back to the cruel words he had said to her. They really had struck her at heart, making her chest have a heavy feeling to it. She was never one to cry, and if she did it would have been in drastic measures. But what he said made her feel horrible. She had gotten used to Malfoy's taunts in school and they had never really bothered because he always used the same insults. Maybe it had been the period of time since she had seen him that caused the words to hurt more than they should.

Hermione was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't hear the rapid footsteps approaching her.

When she finally realized that someone was coming up to her, she had turned around and saw a very upset Malfoy getting closer and closer. She whipped out her wand ready to send a Stupefy his way, but before she could he shot a disarming spell and her wand was thrown from her hand into his. Hermione gasped, she had expected Malfoy to be mad but she had not expected him to do this. She was about to scream at him to give her wand back, but he had reached her.

His hands wrapped around her throat, and he slammed her into the wall closest to them, causing her eyes to blur and knees to wobble from pain and fear. She knew already that he had done some real damage to her head. She felt the blood coming down her neck already, and she was becoming dizzy. She gasped for breath as his hands tightened around her neck. She was slowly slipping into unconsciousness, but was still able to hear him speak.

"Listen here, and listen good mudblood. You shouldn't have done that. You will pay, because I swear to Merlin that you won't get away with this." He snarled at her.

Hermione's whole body was throbbing. She had heard him, loud and clear, but now she mostly feared for her life. He hadn't noticed that when he had spoken he had lifted her off her feet and that her bleeding head was pressed against the dirty wall. His hands were still around her neck to where she could breathe somewhat, but she had to gasp. She knew there would be a hand shaped bruise there for a while unless she went to a proper Healer and soon.

"Please," she started to beg, tears slipping silently down her cheeks, not caring about her pride anymore," please Malfoy! I'm sorry! Please you're hurting me!" She whimpered at him.

She saw through fuzzy vision that his eyes were leaving the steel grey almost black color, going back to their original light storm grey. His face having a mix of emotions pass over it. Surprise, horror, fear, all three emotions flashing over his face seconds before she felt him release his hands from her neck.

She hit the ground with a very loud thud. She gave a whimper of pain as her already bloody head hit the ground, causing more blood to gush from the new wound, making a small puddle. The tears slipped down her face, but she refused to sob. She wouldn't give him the pleasure of seeing her more vulnerable than she already was.

All of a sudden, she felt a hand slowly grip her chin and gently move her head so she was facing the man who had attacked her.

"Granger." Malfoy said, looking at her with worried and fearful eyes.

He dropped his hand from her chin and, not having the strength to hold it up, dropped her head back to the ground. She lay there wondering if he was going to kill her or not when she felt his arms around her waist lifting her up. The fuzz that was clouding Hermione's mind just seconds before had cleared, and she started to struggle against Malfoy, afraid he was going to hurt her again. She went to hit anywhere she could, hoping to Merlin that she would reach her wand.

"Granger." He repeated, but she continued to struggle. "Granger, stop! I'm trying to help you!"

"You did this to me in the first place!" she screamed at him.

"I know! I didn't mean to-"

"BULLSHIT!"

Malfoy looked at her for her use of crude language, but then looked at the blood running down her neck and shoulders soaking her shirt and sticking to her skin. Hermione was losing consciousness and the last thing she heard before she slipped into blackness was;

"I didn't mean it, Granger…"