A Guilty Monster

(A\N: Hey guys! For those of you that are reading, I would love to hear some feedback :) It's a bit discouaging but, you know xD Anyways, enjoy the story!)

When Draco carried Hermione into his cottage, the only thing he kept thinking was how much a bastard he truly was.

MONSTER. His mind screamed; over and over again louder and louder than before. Draco rarely ever felt guilty for his actions. But this, this made him feel like the worst human being on earth. He seems to hurt everyone around him. His friends, collages, peers, but mostly women. Draco sighed, his mind finally relaxing as he came to the realization that, what his mind screamed was true.

He was indeed, a monster.

He pushed the thoughts aside, tuning more into what was happening in reality compared to his mind. He placed Hermione gently on the couch in the foyer, going to his study to get supplies to mend the wound on her head. His home was decorated beautifully, but nothing of to high extravagance like he was used to at the Manor. The walls were a dark green with black borders around the ceiling and floor. The window panes were also black, and the windows themselves were tall and slim with an arc at the top. Draco could sit and stare into the woods and the beautiful sky if he wanted to for the rest of his life; the scene it made was so picture perfect. All the furniture was a dark green with intricate silver lacings. The floors were a dark mahogany wood; so dark it looked neared black.

Draco had trained with Severus Snape as a potions trainee, during the war, before he was killed. Draco had never known his godfather was a turncoat, or the fact that he had fallen for a muggle-born at such a young age. So, because Snape had trained him theses things in case of an emergency, he knew how to fix a Blood Replenishing potion and he knew the simple healing charm to close the wound completely, making sure there was no scar. He had also brought a cloth and warm water to clean the blood. He knew he could just use a quick cleaning charm, but he wanted to show her when she woke that he really didn't have any intention on hurting her.

Draco didn't understand why he wanted to prove himself to her. He was a Malfoy of Merlin's sake. He didn't have to prove to anyone if he didn't want to. But then he thought, maybe it was because he had harmed her in such a way that it would be difficult for her to forgive him, and not turn him in. Maybe it was the fact that he was getting to old to be playing these silly name calling games anymore, whether he only be 21 or not. He just felt so guilty.

Draco never used to show emotions. Hell, he could have been mistaken for a carved face of a statue, his face always used to be so impassive, except for his famous smirk. He thinks it was the war that finally cracked him. It was until he could no longer handle taking innocent lives of woman and children, both wizard and muggle alike. They were still human. Still living and breathing, with hopes and dreams, just like anyone else. There was one particular family that he has nightmares about more than anyone else. He remembers it in detail:

A muggle woman was walking along a quiet street pushing a stroller with her one year old son, sleeping soundly. Draco's heart clenched painfully, because he knew the fate at which this woman and child were awaiting at home.

Draco, Theodore Nott, Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, and Blaise Zabini had all recently been at this woman's home, having some 'fun' as the oafs called it. Honestly Draco and Blaise didn't have a particular liking to watching someone being tortured and killed slowly. They would rather not kill the person if possible, and only kill if need be. But Lucius and Bellatrix had all told the boys to go out and have a good time one Friday night. To Nott, Crabbe, and Goyle, 'fun', of course, meant killing.

The boy's had arrived at a small town a few miles away from London. They walked around under Disillusionment Charms looking for the perfect victim. Finally, they came to a small cul-de-sac that had a curve of plain white houses with moderately done gardens on the front lawn. A man was getting out or that metal contraction muggles used for transportation (he couldn't remember what they were called to save his life).

The man looked to be in his early twenties. He had dark brown hair and was about 6'0 it seemed from a distance.

"Hell, yeah, he'll be a perfect target." Crabbe says gruffly.

Draco never understood where the Vincent from school and childhood had gone so fast. Before, all he used to care about was food, making money, and terrifying first years. Now all he wanted to do was murder innocent people. (Karma must really be a bitch, considering the way he was killed.)

They started crossing the street, towards the house the man had entered only seconds before. Draco's heart had raced, he thought about who he could be hurting besides this man. Did he have a family? A wife? A child? Maybe he didn't know.

They entered silently through the back yard, and crept up to the glass back door. It was partly open and you could here the man speaking to some one.

"Nice," Goyle commented with a sly grin, "More than one kill, in one night"

I looked into the home and saw no one else but the man seemed to be speaking to on of those things muggles used to communicate. A phone he thought it was called.

"Shut up, Greg." I hissed. "He's on that thing called a phone. There's no one else in the house."

"Oh, damn. I really shouldn't have gotten my hopes up." Crabbe says sadly.

Theo nods agreeing with them. Blaise and I share a look.

"…yes dear…Yes, I know love…No, I don't think she called…Oh, alright then. I take it you and Junior are on your way home?...Oh, alright good. It's getting late…" the man then chuckles, "Yes, Sandra I know you are not defenseless, I am merrily saying I want to see my wife and son after so long." He smiles at the phone, and starts to exit the room going up the stairs.

"So he does have a family." Theo says with a sneer. "I say we go after the wife and kid after we kill him."

"Agreed." Crabbe and Goyle answer together.

"We said one kill." Draco reasoned.

"Are you a pussy now Draco?" Goyle taunted.

"No, you incompetent shit for brains. I'm just saying that if we kill the whole damn family, it will look suspicious. The Order could find out and trace us."

Goyle glares at him but stays silent, finally understanding the consequences may be drastic if things go too far.

"I think we can risk it." Theo says grudgingly. "I want to see something tonight and I'd rather watch the pretty little wife be tortured instead of her husband."

"Yeah, we could always just cover up all the evidence."

"Yeah."

"Alright, fine. But, if we get caught or traced I'm blaming you three."

Draco was pulled out of his memories suddenly sensing movement in another room. He hardly ever had visitors and when he did it was usually Blaise and he never came in without knocking first. He looked down at Hermione to make sure she was still unconscious. She was as pale as a sheet, but her breathing was steady so it seemed fine to leave her side for a second to investigate. He felt so guilty for being the cause of all this, but he knew what was done is done. But why should he care anyway? She spilt her coffee on him and stormed away like a mad woman from hell. But then his monster took over and he hurt her; badly. Damn Granger and her coffee, he thought angrily, we wouldn't be in this mess if she hadn't done that.

With these thoughts, he grabbed his wand from the coffee table and approached the other door.