Chapter 29

15 years later

*carsons P.O.V*

I was sitting at the island bench,watching old Danisnotonfire videos with one of my best friends I met once I got a job at the arts and crafts store a few years ago.

Becky, was her name and she was pretty awesome since she enjoyed everything that I enjoyed and we never had a dull conversation.

She became my roommate and helped me take care of Cara.

"Mum!" I heard Cara call out from her room. Oh yeah, she is my daughter.

"What's up Cara?" I called back and I walked into her room.

"What is this!" She turned her laptop towards me and at first I didn't recognise the video but when I got a closer look at the video title I knew all to well what it was.

'19 year old, Carson Miles sings during a Pierce the veil set at Warped tour' I sat down next to her in the bed and took the laptop from her so I could watch the video.

"Why did you never tell me you sang with my favourite band!" She looked so happy yet she seemed sad that I never told her.

"It never came up in conversation I guess" I shrugged and she just searched up something on Google.

"Yeah, but why did you never tell me about this!" She showed me an image on Instagram of two people kissing on a beach. Tony and I.

"I'm sorry." I said and I started to breakdown in tears.

"Mum, it's okay, I'm sorry I brought this up. I understand if you don't want to take me to the Crown the empire concert tonight" I gave her a puzzled look and she made an 'o' shape with her mouth.

"Oh, um, I probably should have told you that the supporting act is um, PTV" I nodded, having a battle with my mind.

She showed me the official website for the show so I could see for myself.

"It's okay, I'm sure they won't remember me anyway, it's been fifteen years" she nodded and walked to her cupboard. Which I helped fill with band merchandise.

"What should I wear tonight" she said and I pointed to an outfit in a bag that was at the end of her bed.

"I got that covered" she lit up and bounced over to the bag and took out the clothes.

"Thank you mum, this is the best!" She ran into the bathroom and changed into her outfit.

When she came back out, She wore a limited edition crown the empire shirt with some cute high waisted black overall style shorts and to finish it off she wore some red vans. Jaimes favourite shoes.

"I love this so much, I can't wait for Andy to sign my shirt!" She did a little twirl and becky came in with another bag.

"And to top off this fantastic outfit, I brought you a black flower crown!" She placed it on Caras head and she hugged becky.

"We only have an hour until it starts so let's go, go, goooo!" Becky warned us and we all rushed into separate rooms to get ready.

I had a shower, straightened my hair and put on my makeup. A simple black cat eye with smokey eyeshadow.

I put on some black shorts and a crown the empire t shirt. I could get away with wearing band merch and kids clothes since I could still get away with looking like I am in my early twenties when I'm actually 34.

And the fact that I still act like a teenager.

I met Becky and Cara in the car and I put on my crown the empire playlist.

*at the concert*

I was so nervous about seeing pierce the veil, especially Tony and Jaime at the meet and greet since Cara doesn't know who her father is.

The lights dimmed and since we had all access passes, we were allowed into the photography section since I was helping an old friend by the name of Adam elmakias with shooting some cool pics.

I was still working in photography but I also worked in the art store to earn some more money.

Four people ran on stage and I moved to the right hand side with Becky and Cara by my side.

The flash went off and I looked at the camera and saw Tony. Oh god.

Vic started playing the intro to hell above and then the concert was in full swing with people jumping everywhere.

After two songs, hell above and and bulletproof love, Vic slowed it down and jumped off the stage to the crowd, saying something about bring someone up to sing the female part for hold on till may.

I took a picture of the crowd and someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"What about you, do you know the words?" I heard Vic say to me and I looked at Cara who nodded me to go ahead.

"Yeah, I do" I said and he smiled.

He pulled the mic away and asked me what my name was in my ear.

"Carson" I said into his ear and he brought the mic back.

"Give it up for Carson everyone." He pulled me onto the stage and gave me a microphone.

He started to sing and I just swayed to the sound of his voice, waiting for my part to come in.

I looked to where Jaime was standing and saw that he had his mouth open and he was staring at me. Shit. He has recognised me.

I saw Tony looking at me too but he didn't seem to realise it was me.

I looked down and saw Cara taking pictures with my Camera with Becky helping her.

I started to sing my part and I looked at tiny who was now staring at me.

All throughout my part, I didn't break eye contact with Tony as I sang the words to him.

I thanked Vic and he thanked me for coming on stage as I jumped off and went back into the hands of Becky and Cara.

After the crown the empire and pierce the veil concert was over, we were guided backstage into the meet and greet area and we just so happened to be up the front.

Right infront of pierce the veil.

Sorry for the time skip but I had an idea woot woot! I was gonna make a prequel but it wouldn't be very long so yeah, this is the prequel section I guess. And yeah, @thatotherhumanbeing plays Becky so yeah, check out her stories :)

Byeeeee.