PAGE NINE

“Wait, I don’t understand. You’re telling many weird things,” he said, then he rose as he added, “Can you tell it one at a time?”

“We already have no time. It’s almost dawn and soon, when they wake up, they will slaughter us both. My time here is nearly ending, whether I like it or not, they will make another experiment on me and you will be tested before they eat your flesh.”

“How can we get out of here?” said Shawn, holding on the rusty angle bars.

“I will tell you now. I’m already done with your body. I really like it and I want to taste more, but my time has ended – I have no choice. At least, I already tasted the human’s warm body. Now I know why humans can reproduce a beautiful offspring. I wish we can do the same as yours.”

Shawn smirked, “Eh, but the problem is you are aliens. You don’t own sex organs.”

Zerath pushed her finger into her hips until it wounded her thick and rough greasy skin. She presented somethingthat has a needle. “Theseare the remaining syringe. It has power to hide for two hours,” then she gave a green bottle to Shawn and said, “Drink this mutagen as I say my signal, its effect is only good for two and a half hours. We should be hurry to explore your world.  Remember when we already passed that circular door. You should not talk unless if it’s necessary. The guards are robots. They can hear us even a single vibration – most especially to the Earthlings.

Then she started to inject Shawn; two for his arms and two for his feet. Zerath also did the same. Then she melted those metal bars in the box room using the green element. Then, they moved forward and they became invisible to the eyes of the guards. They cannot smell the human because Shawn’s body was already contaminated with rancid odor of an alien.

When they passed to the circular door, Zerath took a signal to Shawn to drink the mutagen.

The robot guards didn’t notice them because they were now invisible. They walked further until they reached the room where there were two three-meter-window-like floating monitors.Zerath presented the planet Earth in the past when she touched the green button beside the red one, which was the power button. There, Shawn saw the peaceful and beautiful world where there were green forest and clean and clear streams with waterfalls. It looked like a paradise because the creatures were happily living in a simple world. Those birds were flying freely. But the sad thing was that, there was no technology at that time.

“Our predictions became true,” said Zerath in a whisper, “we predicted that one can invent a flying and floating object and you already know that. Look at your world in the present.”