Chap 14

"Pool day!" Lauren shrieked.
The rest of us groaned. We all had bad hangovers.
"Oh, come on guys." Lauren frowned.
Brynn raised her hand. "We don't have any swimsuits."
"Swim in these clothes."
Lexi pressed her forehead. "Laur I'd love to, but this dress is sweaty, torn and I've worn it for 24 hours."
"Borrow then." Lauren was determined to have a pool day. "I have loads."
Carson shrugged. "D'you think she'll let us off?"
"NO." We collectively mumbled.
I plucked at my hoodie and shorts. "I'll just wear this."
Brynn and Lexi went up with Lauren to find something to wear and the boys just stripped in front of me and Nadia. I rolled my eyes and turned away. "What's the matter Ziegler?" Johnny called. "Can't handle our hotness?"
I made a face at him. My phone dinged and I picked it up. Someone had messaged me.

Unknown
Hey.
Is this Mackenzie?

                                                 Kenzie
                                        Um, who's asking

Unknown
It's isaak
Seen

My heart jumped. Isaak? Isaak Presley? I stared at my phone with my mouth open. I was in shock. Brynn and Lexi came down and I dragged Brynn to one side. "Look!" I hissed and shoved the phone at her. Her eyes widened as she read the messages. "Isaak?" She whispered back. I nodded frantically.
"What's going on there?" Carson crossed his arms. "Are you both coming or not?"
Brynn looked at me. "Later." She mouthed.
We went back to the group and got a few curious glances. Nobody knew about Chase except Brynn and I wanted to keep it that way.
All of us trudged outside to the pool. The boys jumped straight in, while we stood around awkwardly.
Hayden shook his head like a wet dog. "Coming in?"
Lauren shrugged and jumped in. Brynn rolled her eyes and slid in too. Me, Nadia and Lexi stared at each other. Lex and Nadia shook their heads. I agreed with them.
"Oh come on." Lauren called. "Don't be spoilsports."
"Get in you hoes, before I make you." Johnny rolled his eyes.
"Shut up fuckboy." I called and turned to Lexi. "Let's go inside."
Her eyes widened as she looked at something behind me. "Kenzie......"
"What?" I turned and suddenly someone was hoisting me off the ground and carrying me to the pool. I was unceremoniously thrown in. I gasped as I came up for air and saw Johnny's smirking face. "Got you in didn't I?"
I yelled some colourful words. "Language Ziegler." He laughed.
"Fuck. You."
"You want to, don't you?"
I slapped him.
Johnny later refused to admit that such an incident happened.
His mouth hung open as I swam to the edge and heaved myself out of the water.
Lexi laughed and offered me her hand. I grabbed it and got up. I shook my head. "Maddie did that to me once—" Then I stopped. "Shit. Maddie."
"What?"
I sprinted into the house and up the stairs. I burst into Lauren's  room and started searching for my phone. "C'mon, where are you?" I muttered to myself.
I stuck my head out of the window and yelled down to the pool. "Has anyone seen my phone?!"
Johnny looked up. "I know where it is."
I rolled my eyes. "Then tell me!"
"What do I get out of it?" He smirked.
I was running low on patience. "Just tell me where the fucking phone is Orlando!"
His smirk dropped from his face. "My room."
I ran to his room. Sure enough, it was on the bed. I unlocked it and went to my caller list. "Fuck." 22 missed calls from Mads. I was dead.
I quickly called her and mentally started planning my funeral. She picked up on the first ring. There was silence. Then—
"MACKENZIE FRANCES ZIEGLER, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"
I swallowed "hi mads."
"DONT YOU MADS ME. IVE BEEN WORRIED SICK! Where's Gina? Is she alright?"
I roll my eyes. You think she would ask about me but, nope. She's worried about her car. Nice. (Her car is called Gina btw)
"She's fine Maddie, I'm at Lauren's house."
"Oh." Maddie paused. "Get back home soon."
"Fine." I cut the call and slipped my phone in my pocket. Funeral averted.
I jogged down to the pool. Carson looked at me strangely. "What was that about?"
I shook my head. "My sister."
Brynn has gotten out and pulled me to one side. "You wanna talk about that thing now?"
I glanced at the rest of them. "Sure."
We walked to the edge of the backyard. I had known Brynn longer that anyone else, we had been friends since preschool. That's why only she knew about Isaak.

Isaak Presley. Where do I start?
We were in eighth grade. We both liked each other and we knew it. He was probably the first boy I had ever loved. He loved me too. Or atleast he said so. We were secretly dating, only Brynn knew. He was my first kiss. Then suddenly he moved away and ended our fairytale. We tried a long-distance relationship, but he was cheating on me with so many girls that I ended it. He got another girlfriend the next day. I was heartbroken, but it was for the best.
I shook myself from the memories. Brynn's face was tight. "What the hell does he want?"
"I don't know." I shrugged. "I didn't reply."
"Damn right you didn't!" Brynn scowled. "He broke your heart Kenzie!"
I sighed. He did. But I couldn't help but wonder if this would have happened if he stayed here. "I need to answer him though."
Brynns voice was angry. "No you don't. And you shouldn't."
"Brynn, I loved him. I have to reply."
"Loved who?"
I gritted my teeth. He showed up at the worst possible moments. "Fuck off Orlando."
Johnny smirked. "Is it me your talking about? Sorry but I'm not available."
"It's not you, you egotistical idiot." I snapped. "Get lost."
Brynn shook her head. "Don't Kenzie."
I bit my lip. "No."
"Fine." She groaned. "Dont tell me i didn't warn you."
Johnnys eyes were wide. "What's going on?"
"Nothing." Brynn and I replied in unison.

A/n
I'm so sorry I didn't update for so long, I had exams and I kinda lost interest in this, but I'm back!
Also tysm for 5k reads I love u all
🥰🥰🥰🥰
also I wrote this chapter before Isaak and Kenz started dating and I think that they are SO cute, but let's pretend Isaak is mean in the book ok?