Chap 9

I sat on my bed and buried my head in my hands. I didn't show it, but what happened with Hayden broke me just a tiny bit inside. Maybe a lot. I looked around for something to let my emotions out on. My eye fell on a notebook and pen.
I picked it up and just started writing. The words spilled onto the paper. Writing it all down, I realised that I had seen this coming a long time ago. The breakup, him cheating. We loved each other but not enough to stay together, I guess. He wasn't a great boyfriend and in the end he broke my heart.
I finished writing and a song lay on the paper. I already knew what to call it. Dear person that broke my heart. I scribbled the title across the paper and stuffed it into my diary. I'd sing it later because I had to leave. I ran out of the house and walked over to Lauren's.

Lexi and I stood on Lauren's porch, and rang the doorbell. The door opened and green eyes stared into mine. I ignored him and walked inside and up the stairs. Lexi caught up to me, "Hey what was that about?"
"What?" 
She scrutinised me for a second. "Nothing."
Lauren met us on the landing and pulled us into her room. Brynn was already there. We started watching Umbrella Academy on Netflix. Some time later, I was feeling hungry so I reached over and poked Lauren. "I want food."
She replied without taking her eyes off the screen. "Theres some stuff downstairs."
I rolled my eyes and got up. I went into the kitchen and started rummaging around for snacks.
"Hey." A voice came from behind me. I continued to search. "Cmon Ziegler, you can't ignore me forever."
I fought to control my voice from yelling at him.
"Fuck off Orlando."
I pulled open the last cabinet and took out a gigantic packet of Doritos.
"Your loss." He shrugged.
"Whatever." I muttered under my breath and went back up.

A few hours later all of us trooped downstairs for dinner.
Johnny was sitting at the counter again. Did that guy even have a room?
I pulled out my phone and ordered pizza. Lauren poked Johnnys arm. "Do you want some?"
He looked up, saw the glare on my face and then dropped his gaze quickly. "Nah, I'm good."
All of us just sat around the table feeling extremely awkward until Johnny rolled his eyes and got up. "I'll leave you freaks to it."
Brynn slugged his arm as he passed her. "Ow." He complained and went back up.
Luckily the pizza arrived then and we all stuffed our faces. We were so full that we couldn't walk upstairs, so we lounged on the couch. Lexi flicked on the tv and we started watching KUWTK.
By this time it was 11:00 and we went back to Lauren's room. I pulled out my phone. "I feel like posting something."
"Oooo Kenzie, I know exactly which photo to post." Lauren jumped on her bed next to me. She scrolled through my photos and showed me one.
I shrugged. "Why not."
Lexi grinned. "And I know what the caption should be."
I rolled my eyes.

Liked by lolo88, lexijayde and many more

kenzie  thank u, next.

View comments:
lolo88  love ya bb ❤️
        kenzie  love u lolo 💕

brynnrmfllo ur perfect 🔥
         kenzie  shut up look at u

lexijayde   gorgeous💘 p.s. love the caption😏
         kenzie  ur literally the best❤️

sophiab99  damn kenzie
         kenzie  love ya soph.

johnnyorlando  i-

maddiez  pretty girl
          kenzie   did u eat my Doritos?
          maddiez   maybeeee 🤧

will.f.m    lord i-
           kenzie   shut up will

annieleb  ew
          lexijayde  shut your mouth
          brynnrmfllo get lost.

sophiaa ugly af
          lolo88 shut tf up

A/n

Ayyyyyyyy sightly longer chapter.

Shoutout to  @jenislife1098 for the inspo for the song💞
Get this to 15 votes pls ily🥰

~ Maya

Edit: the songs originally by Caroline Manning, but pretend it's Kenzie's for the story oop.