Chap 4

Brynn and me are cheerleaders and on the dance team, which ment that we were very popular. Annie and Lexi were our friends from cheer and we basically ruled the school.
Lauren was class valedictorian, so she was kinda popular too. That didn't mean that we were your typical mean girls. Sure, I guess that we were a little.... rude sometimes. But really we didn't mean to hurt anyone.
I groaned as the bell rang and the three of us split to go to different classes.

It was lunch. My favourite part of the school day. I walked into the cafeteria and immediately I saw Annie Leblanc wave me over.
I hugged her and slid into the seat next to her. Lexi Jayde raised her eyebrows. "Oh my Kenzie, did you get hot."
Brynn rolled her eyes as she sat down next to her. "That's what I've been telling her."
"Where's Lauren?"
"She has some stuff to do. Y'know studying stuff." Brynn bit into a pizza slice.
Lexi laughed forcefully. Studying was something that Lexi did not relate to.
"Oof Kenzie, I think Hayden wanted to talk to you." Brynn suddenly remembered.
I glared at her. "And you couldn't tell me sooner?"
"Sorry." She replied, not looking sorry at all.
I got up and walked out into the hallway. Hayden was leaning against the lockers.
"Hey." I smiled at him. "Sorry, Brynn only told me now."
"It's fine." He had dazzling eyes. "Anyway, I just wanted to talk about, y'know.... us."
"Sure." I kind of knew where this was going. "Fire away."
"Well." He looked flustered. "I think we should, um, take a break for a while?"
I tilted my head. "Sure, I guess." To be honest, I didn't like him like that, I think we both just wanted to be in a relationship. "I totally agree."
"You do?" His eyes were doubtful.
"I do." I sighed. "We both only did this for one reason."
Hayden grimaced. "Yeah. But it's been great dating you."
I smiled a little sadly. But I was relieved as well. We were better off friends.
"Same. Now you be good Hay." I hugged him and watched as he walked off. I leaned against the lockers, touching my forehead to the cold metal. So. I was single again. I shook myself. I was Mackenzie Ziegler. And I did not get hurt over a guy.

A/n

Aw they broke up.
Vote and comment what u think will happen next.