Chapter Nineteen:

~ Damon's POV ~

As I was walking back towards the car, after finding the keys, I found Jeremy falling asleep and I couldn't let him do that. "Don't fall asleep, Jer. You might have a concussion."

"Thanks for the concern, dick." He retorted back at me sarcastically.

"Oh, stop pouting. He took one for the team. Besides everyone back home will thank you once Klaus is dead." Blah blah blah is all I ever hear coming out of Katherine's mouth.

"Where's my phone?" I know Katherine has it and knowing her she probably swiped it when she tried to kiss me earlier.

"Do you need to check in with Eliana or is it Elena now? I'm sure once they find out that you pummeled their little brother that they will forgive you, but I wouldn't be so sure."

"You know you have it." She is seriously starting to piss me off.

"What can I say. I need you present here now."

"Katherine, give me my damn phone, now." She huffed about it but then handed it over to me, and I seen messages from Bonnie. "Bonnie's been texting me."

"What is it?" Jeremy asked.

"It's Klaus. He's back in town and if he's back that means that Elli and Stefan are back as well."

"No turning back, Damon."

"Shut up, Katherine."

"Hey, look at the big picture. The best shot at taking out Klaus is by finding Mikael." I ignored her obviously.

"Stay with her so Anna can guide you. I'll be back as soon as I can." 'And I'll have Elli by my side' I thought. I handed the car keys over to Jeremy and walked away.

"You're going to get yourself killed. The Damon I remember wouldn't have been that stupid." She tried to get me to come back but it wasn't working.

"I wouldn't have done it for you. But I will do it for Eliana." There that shut her up. I turned and sped away.

~ Eliana's POV ~

As Elena, Stefan, and I stood there in the gym waiting the clock was ticking down and we had six minutes and fifteen seconds to go. Stefan and Elena were pacing back and forth. While I was going through the pictures on my phone of me and Damon, to be honest, I couldn't wait until I was back in his arms. Everything was quiet until Elena spoke up.

"Caroline's dad! Stefan, he was able to resist compulsion. I don't know how, but he did it. Maybe it's possible."

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe it's just mind control, right? Maybe it just takes some focus, a couple of decades of training. No big deal." Stefan is totally being an ass right now.

"Stefan, stop being an ass towards her." But he wouldn't listen to me.

"Stefan, you can control this, and when that buzzer goes off, just--just drink from me."

"You don't get it. I can't stop, Elena! I'm a ripper! A ripper doesn't stop! I listen to the words that come out of your mouth, and all I hear is the sound of your heart pumping blood through your body. And when that clock ticks down... I'm going to have to feed on you. And do you wanna know what's worse? I'm not going to be able to stop." He yelled and explained every little point there was to her.

"I don't believe that. You can fight it. You just have to want it bad enough." Man this is making me cry. I feel so badly for the both of them. I should go look for Klaus and slap across the face a few times for what he has done to them.

"Why, because I love you?" Stefan asked arguing back and forth with Elena.

"Yeah! That's right, Stefan. Because you love me. You'll fight because after everything that we've been through, you owe me that!"