Chapter Fifteen:

It was night and I was still trying to find Ray, that stupid mutt who bit me, when I heard snarls and what sounded like someone was fighting. As I ran towards the sound and saw Damon trying to push Ray off of him. Oh my god! Damon! No! I ran forwards and ripped Ray's heart out of his chest through his back.

"Fancy meeting you here." Damon said breathless.

"Damon, what part of 'Don't follow me anymore' got lost in translation, huh?" I asked as I threw the heart down to the ground.

"Might want to take it up with your sister. You don't want her chasing after Stefan. Tell Stefan to stop with the late-night phone calls."

"I'll tell him but you have to get her back in Mystic Falls because if Klaus finds out that she's alive... Well I don't want to have to live without her." Of course I wouldn't mind living without her.

"She's not gonna give up on Stefan and you."

"Well she has to. Because I have no idea if and when we will be going back. Just please take her home and don't forget to call me when you get home." I said and gave him a wink.

"Okay. Don't you forget that you owe me that little 'strip show' that you promised me." He smirked and gave me a little wink.

"Okay I won't." I said as I smiled at him. He came towards me and crashed his lips upon mine. I have to admit that he is a really great kisser and I'll miss him while I'm stuck with 'Daddy Hybrid'. He rubbed my arm, the one with the wolf bite, and I winced through our kissing, which made him pull away from my lips.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he looked down at my arm. I quickly pulled it away. "Is that a wolf bite?" He asked hysterically.

"Yes. But... but Klaus said that he will heal me when I return with Ray, here. You have nothing to worry about, okay. Now go and make sure that Elena doesn't try this again." I kissed him one last time and then I picked Ray up and propped him up on my shoulders. "I'll try to be home as soon as I can. I love you so very much, so don't forget that."

"I love you too. Be careful and I'll talk to you soon." He gave me a kiss and then he disappeared into the forest.

-

I walked through the forest and came out into the campsite to see dead bodies scattered on the ground. I threw down Ray and looked towards Klaus.

"They went rabid. Some of them, I killed. The others just... bled out. In the end... they're all dead." He threw a bottle and screamed. "I did everything I was told! I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppelganger." He then looked at me and said "You look like hell."

"Last I checked, I'm dying... and you don't want to heal me." Klaus looked down at Ray. "I had to take him out or he would've finished me off. I had no choice. I failed you so if you want to let me die... so be it. But I am sorry."

"It should have worked." He said and then he came towards me. He bit his wrist holding it up to me and said "Bon appetite." I took his wrist and fed on his blood as it healed my wound. "We're leaving." He said as he looked from Stefan and then to me. "It appears you're the only companions I have left." He took off while slowly Stefan and I followed him.

-

As we drove by a sign that said 'Welcome to Chicago' and I wondered "What does Klaus want in Chicago."

As we pulled into a warehouse Klaus said "Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"What are we doing here?"