Chapter Thirty-Seven - Ending the World Together

Enjoy - and Vote :)

She didn’t see Alle after that meeting in the cafeteria—the next two days she spent in and out of her room in the underground maze and her hotel room on the west coast of the United States, which was, at the time, under control of the Lucarian rebels.  It didn’t matter though, no one bothered her room.  It was off limits. 

Two days went by quickly and on the morning of the attacks she appeared in her hotel room for preparations.  Sin appeared shortly after.  She hadn’t seen him since her threat on Tom.  “Sean!”  Lilly rushed up to Sin and wrapped her arms around him.  She was once again in her full black clothing—she planned to do the attacks that night though, so that she didn’t have to deal with the sun—this time the black clothing was for the sake of staying hidden, not for protection against the sun.  Sin also had black clothing on, loose baggy pants and a plain black t-shirt, his skin didn’t react badly to the sunlight like Lilly’s did—so covering his body wasn’t a problem, she resolved months ago that he was never officially ‘dead’ like she was—therefore his pigmentation in his skin never deteriorated like hers did.  “Oh, Sean, I’m about to do something terrible, something terrible tonight…” Lilly inhaled from her nose, she wouldn’t let go of him. 

He smelled clean and his hair as freshly trimmed and re-dyed black to maintain its crispness.  She didn’t have the luxury of hair maintenance like he did,  her red highlights were already starting to fade and there was a couple inches that had grown since she had them redone before contacting the American government—a mistake she should have never done.  Looking back if she just kept to the shadows and minded her own business with Sean all the chaos of the world today probably would have never happened.  America wouldn’t have fallen, Redeme would have never been created, China and Eastern European countries would have never attacked Russia, India would have never plowed through millions on a crash course with the Mediterranean Sea, the African continent would have never broken its twenty years of peace, and millions upon millions of people would still be living. 

This chaos, it was all her fault and she knew it, she also knew that with what this madman Hector was demanding what has happened so far was only the tip of the iceberg.  It’s about to get worse, so much worse.  Everyone else had her killing for the sake of their own personal gain, but Hector—so many ghouls intentionally created? He was having her kill for the sake of killing.  Lilly was going to destroy entire cities, decimate entire countries—she knew it, and even with that weight on her shoulder the fear of a much greater evil had her convinced it had to be done.  It was this world her an eternal hell—she had seen hell, felt hell, and there was no way she was ever going back their a failure—no way she would disappoint her true master.  For all she cared this world can burn if it kept her in his favor—the world will burn.

Sin moved his arms up her back slowly rubbing her out of her deep concentration, “Honey, you’ll make it through this, all of this.  What can I do to help?”

“I don’t know,” Lilly rested her chin on his shoulder, “I just don’t know, just stay here with me today.”  Lilly it was hard controlling her feelings.  Half of her hated the idea of going in the night to slaughter innocent people and kill entire cities.  She knew it was wrong, it was destroying humanity.  But the other half couldn’t wait for the sun to set, every time images of blood and gore flashed through her mind her mouth watered.  She was itching to kill, but sorry for the slaughter.  She loved the moment, but hated the fallout.  Her mind blinked through what’s probably happening to the soldiers she attacked a few days ago.   They’re not sleeping peacefully like she did last night—they’re fighting in horror against unkillable beasts, they’re watching their friends die, their comrades get ripped to pieces by an unstoppable army.  But the blood at the moment she started that chaos—it was so delicious—so fulfilling, she wanted the blood.  Tonight will be such a sweet, glorious night.