Chapter Thirty-Three - Statistically Wartime

Enjoy - Vote to Support :)

The ghoul numbers had drastically increased since his last study of the board. Twelve more days had passed since Zee’s last examination.  That puts the time up to forty-six days since the first ghoul.  He looked back at the day his escape was murdered—the day the second Wizard was killed, sixty-three days now, just over two months.  In that two months the death toll in Russia has risen to just under half a million. He had numerous more countries added to the list from Romania to Germany and North Korea since last time he checked the chart.

Now a total of twenty-five countries were on the list. This attack was now worldwide, and no one has been able to combat against the ghouls.  Even America now has a ghoul roaming the countryside.  Four more months until the potential arrival of a Wizard who can end this is left.  It looks like Earth is in for a rough ride.

He looked down to the totals on the chart, so far three point one million people are dead because of Lilly’s ghouls.  He just recently got wind that she switched hands and is no longer under the control of the Russians, he wasn’t quite sure who was controlling her yet but was sure to find out soon. 

In other news, the revolution in America was in full swing, and bloody.  Over twenty million people have massed against the old democratic government and what little army that was left was struggling to fight it off; the old government didn’t stand a chance with most of its bureaucratic system destroyed or in hiding.  The gore from the internal war has so far spread to forty-four of the fifty states, several already trying to declare independence from the old régime.

Six of the East Coast states surrounding the center of the Lucarian revolution declared a new country: New York, Vermont, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Massachusetts – the new country was called Falu or the Free American Lucarian Union.  Falu was already plummeting to dirty tricks due to its inside information on the American government, it was pretty much the center of American control since the countries inception, sending relatives or close friends of the American soldiers to similar fronts.  This had the American army deflecting by the thousands daily, those who simply refused to fight against their friends.  This was simply not the war America could fight.  Hundreds of years of separation and different beliefs made the first civil war possible.  But this?  The Lucarian believers were integrated into every aspect of daily life. One day you could be buying bread—the next, in a gunfight with the baker.

Lucarian was, in thought, the new ‘best’ form of government.  The ideal appeared near the center of the third world war around twenty years ago, it flooded the internet and airwaves as a joke of methods to ‘improve’ the since corrupt American government.  The idea spread like wildfire just as the babble of American ideology critics did before the third war, before they were cut off by the tightening government.  Like every new idea Lucarian bred off the faults of all other governments and took the good to make a so called ‘perfect’ environment. Like every new uprising government it looked as if it could work.

Too many governments were constructed to help one breed of people—Socialism, Communism fed off equality of everyone when in fact no one is equal.  Monarchy gave power to the wealthy making the rich closer to power and greed spread like wildfire while the poor could never move up the cast system.  Democracy gave power to the producers, the smart—it left the rich to hoard their millions and the poor to suck the government’s cash revenues dry leaving large deficits in the government.  Corporations grew rich as the government crippled in on its self and before long it was the corporations that were running most the world.  Dictatorships were corrupt to the core, wronged beliefs were outlawed and the blood of opponents filled the jail execution centers.

But Lucarian, this new breed of government fed off the goods of each government, or so it claimed. It left the mobility of the wealthy and poor such as Democracy, the rich could breed into their wealthy lifestyles freely.  But there was a reasonable catch—those rich became deeply rooted in the government’s welfare. This new form of government understood that no one person would ever need billions of dollars.  Therefore, all profits above and beyond the necessary wealth needed to live their rich lives were transferred to the government.  In other words, these people lived without change and the government’s budget increased to immense numbers, the concept of the government taking the money being taken from Communism and Solecism.  This of course was met with heavy resistance from those in power—and it came with plenty of rules to make sure the wealthy don’t just give up and refuse to progress—in the books they were still billionaires, they still had the billions to invest into new markets, only difference was the money they were not using at the moment was used to help fuel the government—if it was needed, it was given, but in many cases the money taken would simply never be requested and it was the governments to spend as they pleased.