Chapter Seventeen - Mr. President

Vote to Support!

Twenty two and a half hours.  Lilly flicked the digital clock sitting on the bed stand; she was seriously considering why she decided to say twenty four hours.  It was so long, the last almost twenty four hours dragged on as if it had been a week, several weeks.  Chunk of time in the hotel with him, she’d never been confined for so long ever before.  But she couldn’t go out, not with her picture on the news everywhere—she just had to wait out the given time.

As sad as it seemed, Sin was almost not help at all—when she finally made him hers it made him completely hers.  Almost too much so, it was like he was lost without her.  When she didn’t have some minuscule task to keep him busy like heating something up in the microwave, fetching the remote, or rubbing blood stains off her clothing in the sink before she took them to the wash he aimlessly wondered around, often times intently watching her—as if predicting some sort of command would soon surface from her mouth.

She even tried several times over the night to get close to him, ordering him to actually sleep next to her on the bed.  But telling him everything he had to do pretty much ruined the moment, “Come Closer” “Wrap your arms around me” “Cuddle” “Do you know what cuddle means?” 

She wanted that intimacy from him, the guy who held her hand when walking through the school.  The guy who died his hair black to try and get answers out of her, to help her. The guy that covered her when she passed out after tearing up her gums.  The one that spoke softly to not disturb her and let her gently rest her head on him just after killing the teacher.  The one, who despite seeing so much blood and death already believed in her and kept close—who didn’t ask questions she didn’t want to answer and who never pressured anything out of her.  It was like he knew what was going on with her, how she was changing.  Maybe she was always telling him? Subconsciously explaining it—she wasn’t sure how any of her abilities worked.  But even so he was perfect

But now, he was so cold—she couldn’t get anything out of him, not the old Sean. Well, she could command him to be himself, but she couldn’t bear his disapproval, she didn’t want him to reject her after all the hard work she did.  He was hers, always and forever now. After the failed attempt at intimacy Sin finally did go to sleep, but that was only because that was her command. Her wish.  Was this really how their relationship would be for now on?  He evenly allowed air to escape his mouth, blowing warmth along her neck, even upon sleep she could feel his need to be told what to do.

Maybe this new, robotic Sean would eventually develop feelings for her, maybe he’ll sense her need for emotion, or want for his love and adapt.  No guarantees, she didn’t know how turning someone Darth worked.  And she wasn’t about to go and ask Pop either, the guy obviously had no real interest in her and last time they met he was a bit more than angry at her.

Moving back to the present it was only a little bit longer now, she was impatiently waiting for another thirty minutes to pass Sin awkwardly sat on the couch next to her, probably watching her more than the low-volume TV in front of them. Thirty minutes more, then she can go and claim to take an hour to get ready for her meeting with the president.  If of course he’s still there. For all she knew he was shipped out of the country long ago, who would want to trust a killer like her? She just couldn’t wait to have a reason to leave. She really couldn’t stand Sin’s presence anymore. The idea of what he wasn’t anymore was driving her mad.

Fifteen minutes till hour twenty three.  She couldn’t stand waiting anymore.  Lilly called Sin close, “Yes Mistress?”  he questioned as he slid over a few inches on the couch.

“I need you to watch over me, always.  Help me if I need it.  But, I don’t want to be seen with you anymore.  I have to do this alone. I don’t want anyone to know about you.”  She knew about the camera on the school the day before, that he was caught on tape.  But she figured if he disappeared for long enough they would forget about him, that he would be marked as dead, “You need to become my ghost, you can’t ever be near me, except here,” she leaned over to him and placed her hand over his heart. She felt it beat constantly a lot faster than her own, “I’ll call you.  If I ever need you, you’ll know.  Your always be close to me in your heart…. Now go, go my ghost.” Sin jumped, she didn’t know where, but that was the point.