AGNC: Chapter 3 |Noticed

"Love is blind; Friendship tries not to notice."-Otto Von Bismarck

(Tyrone's Mom in MM)

Chapter 3: Cassandra

Watching the last little bit of 106 & Park, I heard Tyrone blare the horn from my driveway.

"When we come back, Missy Elliott will be joining us along with the details to her upcoming tour. Stay tuned America and don't go nowhere!" AJ announced. I loved Missy Elliott and going to one of her concerts would be fun as hell. I made a mental note to tell Tyrone and Nova about it. They were just of a fan as me.

I grabbed my purse and jacket and walked to the foot of the stairs to let JD and Momma know I was leaving. If I didn't JD, would have been hot on my ass. Especially since I was a young girl out at night. He would completely flip shit. 

I shrugged the jacket over my arms. "I'm Going to Tyrone's!" I yelled up the stairs.

"Wait, come here Cassy!" Momma called back. I walked up the steps, skipping every other one and headed down the hall to her room. The smell of weed instantly hit my nostrils. It was so loud, it was starting to burn my nose. Before JD, mom was a strong advocate for saying no to any kind of drugs. A year and a half later after dealing with JD, there's grams and ounces of the green bud everywhere and her room is always lit.

"Yeah?" 

She was sitting upright sitting in Indian style with a blunt between her small fingers. She had a flat wooden board in front of her and a pile of weed sitting on top of the board. She had plastic ties and little baggies sitting beside her. JD was probably in the bathroom or something since I didn't see him on the bed. 

She gave me a quick glance but kept most of her attention on making sure she was sorting the right amount. Anyone who didn't know me would think Mom could pass for my sister. For forty-two, she had beautiful coco colored skin, thin frame with a lot of curve standing a few inches taller than me and shoulder length hair that was now cut into a bob. She was aging beautifully without the help of anti-age creams or other cosmetics. She barely wore make-up at all.

She reached into her bra and pulled out a ten and handed it to me. "Get me some rellos while you out? Bring back my change to." 

I nodded my head. "How many?" 

"Bout five. You know how I like to pre-roll." It still shocked me how my mother was so into this stuff. It was a shame that I eventually picked up the habit of smoking it too. Child services would be appalled. 

The door adjacent to the bed that led into her own in-suite bathroom opened and out walked JD. He looked at me and nodded a what's up at me before rolling on the bed beside my mom with his arms behind his head stretched out. He reached for the blunt taking it out of her hands and took a few hits.

"Where you goin' girl?" he asked me keeping his eyes on the flat screen. He took another puff and looked at the blunt for a brief second then nodded his head in approval. 

"Over Tyrone's." 

"You finish that homework?" 

"Yes Sir." He nodded his head again. 

"Good, keep that head in them books. You don't wanna be one of these dumb girls running these streets." I nodded my head and made a small smile. One thing I really liked about JD was that he was always telling me stay in school. He wanted me to graduate and do something with my life. He saw a bright future in me and wanted to keep me on that path despite how many times he wanted to use my smarts to help him run the financial part of his business.