AGNC: Chapter 4 |Making Favors

(This chapter and remaining chapters will be very heavy on fashion, entertainment, electronics, music and slang of 2006. If you have anything to add please comment below and waht not. I'm trying to make this as authenitic as possible!)

"Friends are God's ways of apologizing for our families."- Anonymous

Chapter 4: Cassandra

"Cassy come on! We gonna be late!" I scrambled to quickly lock the front door behind me while Nova yelled to me from passenger seat. 

"I'm coming damn!" I yelled back, practically racing to Tyrone's car. I dreached for the door handle but not before Nova decided to be the fashion police and assess my outfit.

"Wait! Let me check you out right quick." I sucked my teeth. "Now Nova?" I looked past her in the car to Tyrone for some help, but he seemed too into his phone to even care.

"Don't do that. you know the routine. Now step back so I can check you out." I tossed my head back in frustration. " Fine!" I took a few steps back and twirled for a second. "See?" 

"Wait, two-toned skinnies, cute, cute. Hmm.." She motioned with her finger for me to spin. "Turn?" 

I reluctantly did it. I swear if I was late for first period...

"Apple bottoms, i'm diggin' it. Shirt real cute, I like how it's off shoulder and kind of loose. Where you get it from? Never mind, i'll figure it out. Let me see the shoes." I groaned in frustration, again but took a step further back. "Girl them Dunks is tight!" I looked down at my shoes. They were pink white and red, matching my shirt. I just gotten them a few weeks ago. If it was one thing I liked, were my shoes.

"Thanks girl, now can I get in the car? I looked at my sponge-bob wristwatch. "We gonna be late."

"Yeah, girl. just gotta make sure if i'm being seen with you that you don't look like like who did it and ran." I laughed as I climbed in the car and shook my head.

"You stay trippin'." Tyrone put the gear in drive turning up the radio. D4l 'Laffy Taffy" came on and it was like a switch. Nova cranked the volume all the way up while All three of us screeched to the song all the way to the school parking lot. 

"Girl, shake that laffy taffy,

that laffy taffy,

Girl shake that laffy taffy.

I'm looking for Mrs. Bubble-Gum, I'm mister Chic-o- Stick,

I wanna dun dun dunt, Oh! 'cause you so thick!"

Having fun singing to the lyrics, I felt my phone buzz in my purse. I pulled out my Pink Razr flipping it open to see a text from Keith. 

Morning gorgeous.

Despite Keith's doggin' ways, he was still a sweet guy. He kind of grown on me from when I first ran into him last year. He thought the best way to get my attention was to grab my ass when i walked by him. The result of a hard slap to the face and a string of profanities led to a semi-decent friendship.

I typed on the little keys. 

Morning 

 And really, that was the most Kieth I did as far as communication. We didn't go out or anything like that. It would be only when we ran into each other he would really flirt with me but I also wasn't one to deal with drama. The last thing I needed was some little hoe coming up to be trippin' bout how I stole her man. With no hesitation I would take her out.