AGNC: Chapter 12 | Options

"Never explain yourself. Your friends won't need it and your enemies won't believe it." - Belgecia Howell

(Aspen again in MM)

Chapter 12: Cassandra

"JD ain't even have to go there." Tyrone laughed while eating a spoonful of ice cream. After JD's ghetto birds and the bees talk, we decided to hit up dairy Queen since it was hot as the devil's  toenails outside.

"He was just being like that cause he saw Keith and I kissing outside the door." I dove into my Oreo blizzard and took a second to enjoy the flavor and crunching on the bite size oreo cookie chunks. "It wouldn't be the first time either."

Tyrone shook his head and lightly laughed. "Then I'm completely surprised he isn't at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean yet with bullet holes in his chest." I laughed with him even though he was completely serious.  JD was a man with unknown capabilities. Thank God I've never seen them but I've definitely heard stories.  He even had a back room filled with guns displayed on the wall at the house. Of course they were all registered to him, he wasn't stupid but he did always say he would show Keith the room if necessary.

"Me too."

"But you know, if Keith did do some stupid shit like break your heart, he gone have to worry about two people shootin' him dead." Tyrone said tryna sound all hard.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, if you say so Tyrone. You never held a gun let alone seen one up close and personal."

"That don't mean the threat doesn't still stand." He said seriously. I looked at Tyrone and he was now completely in protective mode, but I waved him off.

"I'm serious Cassy. I protect those that are close to me and I would do anything to make sure you're protected. I know I haven't been around much lately, but that doesn't mean I have stopped or don't care."

"I know Tyrone you don't have to give me the whole sentimental speech." I interrupted taking another spoonful. I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't hurt at the current distance him and I have developed but not for a second did I think our friendship was on the rocks. Him and I had a special bond that no one could break.

"But I feel like I have to so let me say this." Tyrone put his spoon back into his now half empty blizzard cup, pushed it aside and reached across the table to grab hold of one of my hands. I slowly nodded my head. "Okay."

"You're my best friend Cassy, ever since middle school and even at one point my crush," I laughed lightly remembering when we're in our pre- algebra class in the seventh grade. He'd had a green notebook sent across the room to my desk with nothing written in it except one page with the words "Will you be my girlfriend? Check box yes or box no."

"I remember that. I checked no and you were hurt for like two weeks. wouldn't speak to me or anything."

"Yeah and then I realized I was being an idiot and asked you to still be my friend." I smiled to myself reminiscing on that day.

"Best decision I ever made." I said but more so to myself.

"Well know what ever may happen, whether that is me dating Aspen, you dating Keith, life, college, whatever it may be, just know I will always have your back. Even if I'm on the other side of the world. You'll always have a special place in my heart." Tyrone rubbed his thumb across my knuckles and my heart swelled at his words. I took everything he said directly to heart and believed in what he said whole-heartedly. Tyrone was here to stay and I wouldn't have had it any other way.

"I believe you." I said after a few seconds. I took my hand back and dipped it my now melting ice cream and tasted it with my tongue licking my finger afterwards.