AGNC: Chapter 9| The Ones You Can Depend On

"Friends are like underwear. Some crawl up your ass, some snap under pressure, some don't have the strength to hold you up, some get a little twisted, some are your favorite, and some are cheap and just plain nasty. But there are also some that do cover your ass when you need them to."-My Best friend

Chapter 9: Nova

"Yall went to the movies? On a double date? How corny is that shit!" I joked.

"Ah, you just jealous you couldn't come. You stop messing with these no goods, and you can probably find you a decent guy." Cassy said while adjusting her tote bag on her shoulder. I rolled my eyes and waved her off.

"I ain't worried about looking for some decent guy. I'm completely okay with doing what I'm doing."

"Using them?"

"Exactly!" She laughed and shook her head.

"Tell me how that works out for you in the future." She joked.

"ha ha ha." I mocked. I wasn't hearing it. *I was okay with using them to get what I needed. It was something they've been doing to women since the dawn of man, but when I do it, it's a problem.

"Speaking of men, where's Tyrone?" She asked suddenly searching the halls as we were headed to class.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Haven't seen that fool since he took me home two days ago."

"Hmm, I wonder..." She stopped mid sentence looking behind us. "Never mind, he's occupied."

I looked at her confused. "What you mean?" I looked over my shoulder and lo and behold, he's sucking face with Aspen. I on looked disgusted. "They need to take that in the back of the gym or the bathroom. Somewhere. That's nasty."

I was waiting for Cassy to chime in but she just continued starring at them.

"Hey, you good?" I asked shaking her arm a little. She shifted her weight to her other foot. "Yeah, it's just....I don't Aspen is right for him."

"Huh? Why you say that." I thought about it for a little longer before my eyes grew wide. "Ooh, you like him don't you! I knew it! Ya'll way too damn friendly and-,"

"Heffa, no! I don't want Tyrone. It ain't even like that. It's just last night when Keith and I met up with them at the movies, she was clinging on to him as if he was gonna fly away. And then when the guys went to go but us snacks, I tried to make small talk with her. She ended up being real bitchy when I sad they looked happy together. You wanna know what her response was? She said "At least you know,"

"She said that?"

"Yup."

"Oh, so she the jealous type." Cassy nodded her head. "Yeah she is. I feel like she's gonna be a real problem in Tyrone's and I friendship."

I nodded my head completely agreeing. Girls like Aspen were scary bitches. They were quick to cut a bitch when they felt threatened when it came to their man. They would do any and everything to make sure his mind is solely on her.

"What you gonna do about it?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing I guess. It's not my place. He gotta see it for himself."

I turned back around. I was tired of looking at them slobber all over each other. "I guess."

Cassy followed me as we headed back down the hall to our History class. It was a class all three of us took but it looked like Tyrone was gonna be a little late.